Minataurs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minataurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minataurs

Well, i just need to know it. Are minataurs (and dragon orges) good enuff for me just to pick up the chaos beastman book and the models? And if so, what are they good at doing? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Yes.

I love Minotaurs. They are my favorite Beastman unit, and my 2000 point army uses them as a Core choice. Theres nothing like creatures that cause Fear, have the statline of most Special choices and three base attacks.

I don't really like the way that GW uses them however, which is always in small units of three. I like to use big blocks of six them, which admittedly isn't all that "big" compared to Skaven, but they have multiple wounds per model, so the units actual size doesn't reflect the damage it can absorb.

Dragon Ogres, on the other hand are nice, but if you like that size monster, then I would go with Minotaurs as their overall statline is better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I love Minatuars, although they lose some umph with the addition of the newer ogre's that came out. however, fluff and game play wise I think minatuars rock and the possible for the nurgle save is amazing. Their higher WS does help out although they are a bit pricey for my liking... still rock hard!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I have just finished painting a unit of Minotaurs as they look amazing and with a mark of your chosen power are very hard indeed. Also have a degree of versatility as you can have a whole army of them if you choose. Good weapon choices as well.

Dragon ogres in my opinion really do kick it, people are terrified of them so go hell for leather to kill them (which isn't easy) and while they are distracted getting battered by the dragon ogres your other units can do pretty much what they like. They are however very expensive and take up a rare slot, but well worth it to me.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread