What DO we do better than... Part 2 (Lizardmen!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

What DO we do better than... Part 2 (Lizardmen!)

Made this mostly due to how much discussion the Brettonians thread is getting.. haha.. looks popular..

Pretty much a brainstorming session.. lizardmen have a strong list, and a lot of people use them, so I thought it would be useful for us to try and think up some ways to attack lizardmen effectively.. or to deal with their strengths as well.

What's their strengths?.. Strong leadership (cold blood), good fighty characters, ability to take different marks, good skirmishers, strong magic, access to all lores(!).

Weaknesses that we could take advantage of?.. well, they have weak movement I think.. at least in that our troops can get charges off more easily (cavalry w/ 14", horsemen w/ 16", daemonettes w/ 20").. and we have the second best fliers in the game as well. Access to special lores that's probably better than what they can take. And we can take a lord on a dragon .. haha.. the best part of Chaos? But doesn't help under 2k points.

Not sure, throw some stuff out, guys. We're not as weak against lizardmen as we are against Brettonians (in that we have distinct advantages in some fields), but it is still a strong list to consider against.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Chaos kill stuff better than lizardmen in a straight fight, the difficulty comes when you try and make it a straight fight. They have skirmishing skinks to march block your army and they have poisoned blow pipes, which can spoil your whole day. Keep some fast cavalry around for charging the skinks that skirmish.

Yes lizardmen take their leadership on 3d6 but a solid charge from some chaos knights will still mean they are likely to run away.

Kroxigors are a pain, as they can run through skirmished skinks and as they aren't large targets you can't shoot them as they are screened, grrrrrr. So find a way around through or over the skinks to get at the Kroxigors or get charged.

Flying dinosaurs aren't much fun, but chaos don't tend to use many warmachines or have small weak units to pick off so I don't think they are that dangerous really.

Their magic is unpleasant, any lore they like and bonuses to cast the spells. You will need a fairly hefty magical defence.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

They've got the right party tricks in the magic phase, and have access to so many poisoned attacks its not funny. Oh, and saurus are 1 attack up on Chaos warriors :confused:.

Other than that, Chaos has more skilled heroes, it's own potential magical apocalypse, better core warriors (WS & I & upgrades), proper heavy cavalry, lots of flying units, skirmishers...pretty much anything you need to counter the good parts of the Lizzie list. It's just a matter of being able to apply the force where you need it.

(And I still laugh in the face of Brettonians)

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

As a lizardmen player I will say this, You are So Lucky you are not toughness 3!!! My salamanders RIP though enemy regiments and kill so much that it is funny, but they are not very effective against high toughness high save troops. But you are unlucky there aswell because of kroxigors, beware the kroxigors, the 3 str 7 attacks each is not fun for chaos esspecially since your untis are so expensive, try to keep your knights away from kroxigors or get ripped apart like theres no tomorro.

Tzeench players should hide their wizards in units to protect them from any terradons there might be and stegadons have great potential for distruction but their not too reliable so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, just make sure it doesn't get the charge, it makes it twice as effectiveon the charge. Treat it like a beefed up chariot than causes terror and has a bolt thrower on its back. Pity for lizardmen that the said bolt thrower will most likely only hit once in a 6 turn game.

If the lizardmen take a slaan, try at almost all costs to break the unit he is in because he will have invested so many points in him that his death will most likely cost the lizardmen player the game.

Your warriors are more than a match for saurus, though i don't like to admit it but its true, too often I have seen saurus untits smashed by chaos warriors, so charge charge and and charge!!!!!

Like chaos, the lizardmen aren't too great at shooting but anything with high toughness has something to fear from skinks and their poison darts. but luckily for you, the skinks flee at first sight of anything bigger than a goblin so stick a fear or terror causer near them and watch the skinks run.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread