Best chaos Lord eva? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best chaos Lord eva?

lord of chaos with the mark of slaanesh, blade of blood, pendant of slaanesh,armour of damnation and the enchanted sheild

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by 99sw2usjh
    l armour of damnation and the enchanted shield
    Im not sure if you can use both, they both are counts as havin an magical armor. Doesn´t it say in the rulebook that you can only have on magical armor on you?

Btw how does terror work?
    I remember something about that tey become "gibbering wrecks"
    They only run away 2d6" Or is it like they are taken away from the battlefield?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Padea
    Im not sure if you can use both, they both are counts as havin an magical armor. Doesn´t it say in the rulebook that you can only have on magical armor on you?
    Read the description of the enchanted shield in the BRB.

Quote Originally Posted by Padea
    Btw how does terror work?
    I remember something about that tey become "gibbering wrecks"
    You do have a rulebook, right?

The pendant/blade combo is an old one. I much prefer AoD, Gaze of the Gods and the enchanted shield on a barded steed (with an axe of khorne ). 0+ save and 4+ ward is quite handy...

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

While I'm a huge Slaanesh fan, and do like the BoB/PoS combo, I feel it has some flaws.

The idea of taking that weapon combo is to gain a ludicrous numbers of attacks. However being at only S5, your lord will mainly be out hunting rank/file troops. The majority of the chaos army is a great rank/file destroyer. Your lord should be out there having his/her way with your opponents character/monsters.

Secondly, taking the pendant is kind of an incentive to take damage. Hard to make a character so he can be hurt by basic troops yet still hold his own in a duel vs other characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might be wrong but can u have more than 10 attacks anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah all other stats are capped at 10 but you can have as many attacks that you can squeeze out of a list and go as low as you want on the armour save, my friend has a lord with a -2 save it pretty much i have to take a great weapon and manage to sucesfully challenge to bring him down luckily although excellent armour and can cut through troops his character hits a brick wall when it comes to heroes and i guess my point is that there really is no way to get a lord to topple all others as when you go all out on one aspect you leave yourself open to the rest. no matter how good your characters are there is always someone who makes em better. lastly i don't think the lords stated here are terribly realistic, honestly does anyone feild these guys, if you made your characters up to be as expensive as these then your wasting alot of points that are desperatedly needed in other places on the list cus in the end no matter how good the lord is he aint gonna be the one to win the game.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, this combo is very old. For Khorne I use:

Chaos Daemon sword, enchanted shield. mark of khorne

Sometimes I put him on a juggernaught or something. It's a HUGE pointsink, but I like the idea of a lord with the power of a blood thrister stomping around.

Another one I like includes armour of damnation and mark of nurgle but I don' thave the codex with me .

Ah well.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Khorne lords are really the only lords who are worth giving Daemon Blades to anyway, since the stats a Daemon blade provides are at their best when a Bloodthirster is bound to the weapon. Daemon blades of the other gods are still quite good, but Khorne lords get the best value for points out of them.

Personally though, I wouldn't take a Daemon blade, they are amongst the most expensive magic items I have ever seen and it's all too easy for your lord to tool himself over with it! Considering the amount of attacks a lord gets when waving one around, unless you're really lucky, the lord will probably have killed himself by the end of the game!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh bother Tzeentch Lord, your just jealous of khorne cuz ur all tzeentch :shifty: .
    Well, I 've been lucky so far, and I like the idea of him stomping around. I traded armies with my friend a few times and he's so fun to use! True, he normally dies in the end, but what's warhammer without some fun? I got a bit crazy once and sent him in the middle of a dark elf corsair regiment and got him hemmed in from all sides and he died like a hero, bring down a whole unit with him although he stabbed himself to death in the end :cry: . But some people like:

:shifty: Tzeentch Lord :shifty: like a more economical and more reliable lord so for those people I would recommend the combo with the armour of damnation. It truly rocks, if only I could remember it. It doesn't have a ward save, but people can rarely hit you (or wound? forgot) so you won't need to roll the stupid save anyway. Then when you strike back, you will destroy anything short of tyrion, archaon, blood thrister, great unclean one , some greater daemons, maybe a blood dragon vampire, maybe a strigoi, a slann, old blood etc.

I 'm going a bit weird, and I'm talking out of control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I've already posted this on another thread, this is my very fluffy Nurgle Lord:

Barded Chaos Steed, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Echanted Shield, Blade Of blood

This guy gets an increasing number of regenerating wounds, enjoy killing him.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread