Model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Model

Any tips as an model for an exalted daemon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

do you mean for converting or what model to use as one? because if your asking for a cool model to represent one, use Bel'akor. Or you could look online for the old exalted demon models.
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ickebeebon
    do you mean for converting or what model to use as one? because if your asking for a cool model to represent one, use Bel'akor. Or you could look online for the old exalted demon models.

Hrm Bel'akor Yea he is an nice model. But i was thinkin of converting actually. If any one has any nice tips? =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First: what chaos god it he/she/it following? If undivided you've got the most flexibility as fundamentally you could just grab anything about the right height and kitbash.

Second: what materials do you have on hand to make said daemon? If you're going out and buying stuff to do a conversion then don't worry about that, but take a look through your bitz box and see what you can come up with.

Here's some suggestions for inspiration: Liber Chaotica or ANY of the artwork books for Games Workshop. Just start rummaging and you'll find something i'm sure, also, check out the 40k chaos stuff. The Eye of Terror codex has some splotchy but generally good descriptions of differently aligned mutants (bullheaded for khorne, bloated for nurgle, etc.)

If none of that helps, here's some suggestions for the daemon:
    Whatever is said here, you'll likely need wings.

Undivided: kitbash like there's no tomorrow, grab a chaos spawn, maybe one of the necron C'tan, or an Inquisitor figure if you don't mind doing some filing.

Khorne: you're wanting something bestial and likely covered in blood... grab an ogre gorger or a yhetee and something with a bestial head, preferrably a minotaur (or if you don't mind doing some greenstuff work and doing bitz orders, get the bull head from the Bloodthirster).

Slaanesh: seductive, think all manner of vices, likely sensuality. The (mostly overdone) idea here is to grab the Serena and Sevora models from the Inquisitor range and put wings and a different head on them, another possibility is getting the Necron Deceiver and painting him in fleshtones.

Nurgle: i can think of nothing better than a box of Ogre bulls and some Greenstuff to make it extra corpulent and rotten. you can model any of the leftover Ogres into Chaos ogres or OK ogres and use them as dogs of war. Something else you may want to look into is the Necron Nightbringer, he's suitably gaunt.

Tzeentch: Mutations, mutations, mutations. Here i'd suggest grabbing Greenstuff and a Tyranid Zoanthrope, leave the head (or at least the giant brain) off and add some Flamer parts. hopefully you've got one to spare.

As for modelling tips: Greenstuff is your friend, GW UK's website has an excellent article on using and modelling with Greenstuff, but if its your first time i'd suggest just trying to make a few tokens or something first (if you play ogre kingdoms, make some trollguts tokens or hearteater tokens with some extra bases)

You'll likely need some metal files for this, you can get them at most hardware stores, a hobby saw might be needed, but hopefully not, you can get this at places like Michaels or Hobby Lobby, or any other large craft-type store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Okay thanks!!

Well.. ive used it greenstuff some before. (Been playin warzone and chronophia before this).

Hrms.. So like the head from bloodthirster, some nice wings ( Daemon prince maby? ) and maby an tauren body? Could work =)

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Padea
    ...maby an tauren body?...
    You don't by any chance play World of Warcraft do you?! :tongue:
    Surely you mean a Minotaur?!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch Lord
    You don't by any chance play World of Warcraft do you?! :tongue:
    Surely you mean a Minotaur?!
    Haha.. darn.. Ive played it some
    Yea i meant that.. :wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

uh-oh, the curse of the meat-patty strikes again! anyways We Are Legion, you had some damn fine ideas! too bad i dont play as chaos so i cant use them..... but good ideas nonetheless.
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Ickebeeborn, i'm trying to think of something completely different for my slaanesh army, even though its currently mortals i'm sure i'll get an exhalted demon sometime...

and Padea: Personally i'm not a fan of the Daemon prince wings, but it would certainly be easy to do. Something else you may want to try (i'm not sure how well it would work, but its a suggestion) is a set of Tyranid Gargoyle wings, or even Be'lakor's wings. If you're REALLY feeling adventurous, grab some strong wire and make an armature for the wings, and sculpt them yourself out of greenstuff. I'm also not a fan of the minotaur models, i just don't like the sculpt especially when compared to the most recent chaos models, they just don't look right to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Yea i´ll look in to it what wings i should use.

Hrms.. i have been wondering if i should go an weapon on the daemon. But if, i wonder what.. There are quite a few nice weapons to choose of.

And what model is the "best" to use for an champion on steed?
    Anyone with good experience?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast