Starting A Daemon Army.. Have Any Tips? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to be starting a Daemonic Army soon..... I will most likly be starting an undivided army( so i can use all of the types of daemons) or Tzeentch( well why wouldnt i? ). If anyone reading this has any tips about daemon units starting a daemon army or anything related to daemons (ingame stuff), PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME.

Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I don't actually play Chaos but I'll try to help.

Daemons, the army's a good choice, as not many play a daemon army. They are hard, but great thing is they are Immune to psycology, cause fear, have a 5+ ward save and all attacks count as magical. That's good. Down side is they are very vunrable to prolonged combat. Baiscally if you lose and combat and fail your break test by a lot, say good by to that unit. The charcters are rock hard but expensive, it's 250pts for a daemonic hero!

As for the powers you have chosen Undivided is good if you want a army that can basically deal with all comers, and Tzeentch I guess you like magic? I don't blame you Tzeentch is one of the best spell casters in the game, and most of their units can cast spells as well. But you don't have to use all daemons, mortal and beast units now count as special so you can have some of these. A good combo of the both will make your army a force to be recond with. Ok that's all I have to say, I'm sorry if I didn't help. But if used well the army will be devastating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, you did help. I plan on including some chaos knights and some minatours ( i have 11 of them just sitting in a box waiting to be used).do you think it might be good to include warriors instead of knights?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I would say it would depend on the situation. But it will also depend on what daemons you use, if you fast daemons more like screamers and furies then warriors would probably be better, but if you use blocks of daemons more like bloodletters etc the knights would work. Also I like the look of minators, nasty looking beasts. Just make sure they get into combat a quickly as possable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking that a nurgle deamon army would be great!!

But i dont have the money to get so many metal figures!!

If i did i'd take some rock solid heros and lords (to save money) and plenty of cool units!
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Closed Thread