Chaos Knights # of Attacks??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Knights # of Attacks???

Hello All,
    I noticed in the chaos army book, under Chaos Knights equipment, it reads: "Equipment: Hand Weapons, Shield, and Heavy Armour". So does this mean that each knight has 2 attacks if they drop their shield in close combat?

Just as a point of reference, under Chaos Warriors, their equipment reads: "Equipment: Hand Weapon, Shield and Heavy Armour". This why I have a brought this up.

Further, I also heard from somewhere that mounted models/units can not be equipment with two hand weapons. Is this true? (sorry I do not have a rule book at work).

Thanks to anyone who advises!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, no. To have that extra attack, you either need:

- an additional hand weapon, no mention of that

- be on foor, knights are on horseback

So no extra attack.
    ab00?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Unless it explicitly says two hand weapons, you only have one.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the issue, it states "Hand Weapons", not "Hand Weapon" like it does for the warriors, marauders, lord, exalted champ, etc, etc......

So by description of the of the equipment field in the army, each Knight has a shield, heavy armour, and hand weapons (not hand weapon).

I've always played that they only have one HW, but at a recent tournament I was notified of this in the army book. Therefore my confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

I think you guys are missing the subtle difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsolo
    Hello All,
    I noticed in the chaos army book, under Chaos Knights equipment, it reads: "Equipment: Hand Weapons, Shield, and Heavy Armour". So does this mean that each knight has 2 attacks if they drop their shield in close combat?

Just as a point of reference, under Chaos Warriors, their equipment reads: "Equipment: Hand Weapon, Shield and Heavy Armour". This why I have a brought this up.
    Notice for Chaos Knights it says 'Equipment: Hand Weapons'
    Where for Chaos Warriors it says 'Equipments: Hand Weapon'

This is just another screw-up in standardization for GW.

The fact that 'Hand Weapons' is plural for the Chaos Knight entry is just to say that the unit is armed with hand weapons. Each guy gets one, but the unit has - hand weapons.

In a perfect world, both unit entries would be standardized to say one or the other, but GW is far...FAR from perfect.

Edit
    Ack, a moment too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I always took it to mean that i could switch my weapon configuration, if i really wanted to, although i have always thought shields the better option
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Well it would matter.... except that you can't gain +1 attack for two hand weapons unless you are on foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if you look on the champion model he has some extra swords tucked in behind him :tongue:

actual knights and footmen would sometimes bring more than the one sword to a fight in case they broke/dropped the first one. maybe its a case of gw being unnecessarily fluffy... although i doubt it as putting that much effort in ain't really their style.

regardless of what the entry says the knights may very well have more than one hand weapon, but it doesn't affact their stats in any way. they still only get to use the one as they're mounted so won't get the bonus attack for 2.

+ Reply to Thread