Daemonic Steeds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daemonic Steeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonic Steeds

I was just wondering about peoples opinions on the different types of daemonic steeds.
    I am thinking about mounting a character on a Juggernaut.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Daemonic Steeds can be very useful, mainly because of the speed they provide, but also for the extra combat power (particularly with Juggernauts!). You just have to be careful about mounting your characters on these things if the enemy has lots of artillery.

Obviously this is a major concern if the character is to be riding around on his own, but even if he's with a unit (of knights for instance), as cannons could easily pick him off (I don't know if a character on a daemonic steed gets a 'Look Out Sir!' roll, as he's technically bigger than the other models around him).

Otherwise Daemonic steeds are great! Another thing to bear in mind is that they have a 50x50mm base, so your character and steed will likely be in combat with lots of enemy models. Although this means more enemy can attack the character, it also means the character can get maximum use of magic weapons like the Beserker Sword!

The Disc of Tzeentch is a mount designed more for speed and maneuverability (since it flies), which of course benefits spell-slinging Tzeentch sorcerers greatly! The Mount of Slaanesth is also primarily for speed rather than combat. Nurgle unfortunately doesn't have a specific steed other than the generic 'Daemonic Mount'.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice mate.
    I have a juggernaut thats about 10 years old and I haven't done anything with it yet, so when I found it again I decided I must start collecting a chaos army to go around it :lol:

Blood for the Blood God and all that jazz
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there is a Nurgle Daemonic Steed- the Daemon-Beast of Nurgle. It's mentioned in the Storm of Chaos book, but I don't know if Mortals can ride it or only Daemonic Heralds.
    The Grand Necromagus of the LO Codex: Necromancers Design Team.

The Supreme Lance Leader of the Codex: Wasters Design Team.

Cruelty has a Human Heart
    And Jealousy a Human Face
    Terror, the Human Form Divine
    And Secrecy, the Human Dress

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Lurker
    Well, there is a Nurgle Daemonic Steed- the Daemon-Beast of Nurgle. It's mentioned in the Storm of Chaos book, but I don't know if Mortals can ride it or only Daemonic Heralds.
    It's only heralds.

Personally, I can't stand daemonic mounts. They set your expensive character up as a target, and even worse it can be shot from under him.

And the basic daemonic mount is suicide for a khornate character (watch him get baited out of his own knights). Juggernauts aren't bad, though.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Thats why you put a Khorne charactrer on a juggernaut, they move the same as the knights so he won't go screaming forwards and leave them behind when baited.

Juggernauts are great, but I also quite like the steeds if I know I will be playing against an army will little artillery.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread