Need To Beat Orcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -34 (x0)

Need To Beat Orcs

I use mortal and beats of chaos...i need to know how to play against an orc army... i usualy use khorne but any god that will help me win will do. My friend uses 2 unitrs of 18 savage orcs with 2 hand weapons and obviously one of them is bigguns..making them almost as effective as my chosen cvhaos warriors w/ aditional weapons but like half the point cost. he will also be using GRIMGORE iron hide and his bodyguards.. even a khornate lord with a runesheild and the great fang will probably fall against grimgore! and he will also be using 2 spear chukkas and a rock lobber and a giant... PLEASE HELP ME!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use units with shallow ranks, to help avoid artillery damage. Against the Savages, I'd suggest Khorne Knights, you'll be impossible to hurt even from those many attacks and the drawback on the orcs is they're much more fragile than chaos. The Knights will stick em. Consider Shields for the warriors, and send that unit after the non biguns, the knights after the biguns. The warriors will have kick-touche armour and will be wounded on 5s, and the knights have just as easy a time with biguns as anyone else.

And you're approaching the lord the wrong way. Use Axe of Khorne, Armour of Damnation, Gaze of the Gods, and Enchanted Shield. Give him a nice unit and he'll beat grimgor. I kid you not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -34 (x0)

knights will beat biguns and chaos warriors with shields will beat the no biguns but what do i do againts boar boys? and im not sure my lord will beat grimgors unit even if i my lord ios in a nuit... grimgors unit is stubborn they will get ranks and +2 for grimgor being alive so they will probably run my unit down. is it legal to put a lord mounted on a monster in a minotaur unit? i saw staff at GW do it
    Last edited by HowlingBanshee; March 7th, 2006 at 21:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's legal, but he has to move at the slower speed of the minotaurs, and it will look weird because the bases are different. Ideally, you should take down Grimgor first. And another good weapon choice would maybe be The hellfire sword. Just one unstopped wound will probably kill him. And with those Minos, MoK and Extra Hand Weapons make for alot of hard-hitting attacks. Direct as much as you need at Grimgor to take him down, it's worth it. Remember, That Khorne Lord costs as much as the big orc in points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -34 (x0)

thanks, it doesnt matter that my lord will be restricted to minotaur movement... 12 inches is more than far enough to guarantee the charge on grimgors bodyguard/grimgor unit, if i had 4 minotaurs and the lord in a unit that would be 4x4 attacks for the minotaurs at strenth 6 against the bodyguard and my lord against grimgor.

and about the lord, does the hellfire sword do a total of D6+1 wound? or just the D6 because it says it doees an ADDITIONAL D6 wounds.... and the helfire sword costs 75pts leaving me with 25 points, should i use those points to buy the helm of many eyes? so then i can strike b4 grimgor even with his wepon.. (me being I8 him being I5) then thats my full 100 pts used up.. and m sure 4 khornate minotaurs w/ grt wepons will knock the stuffing out of black orcs.... my minotaurs have never lost on a charge :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, Helm of many eyes could be a good choice. But If you fail, you're dead.

It does d6+1 total wounds.

With the helm, I suggest maybe even having an undivided general, all you lose is one attack and you practically garauntee that the stupidity won't go off on you. (Re-rool on LD 9, you're not gonna miss.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I would just shoot Grimgor and is bodyguard. I mean 600 pts for a unit of 10 models.

All you need is a dogs of war cannon and some marauder horsemen with throwing axes. cirlcle and shoot.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose a dogs of war cannon would be effective, although look out sir would protect him. How many bodyguards does he use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -34 (x0)

grimgor has 9 basic but my friend uses 14 (plus grimgor so 15)

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Khorne Lord
    It (the Hellfire Sword) does d6+1 total wounds.
    Not quite correct. It does an additional D6 wounds if the target was wounded by the sword in the first place. So it actually does however many wounds the user caused (obviously), plus an extra D6.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast