Hordes of Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hordes of Chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hordes of Chaos

I need to beat an hordes of chaos army of 200 pts. Any suggestion on how to go about?:w00t:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean 2000pts of course. Army of ´khorne that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy
    I need to beat an hordes of chaos army of 200 pts. Any suggestion on how to go about?:w00t:
    As chaos don't have much shooting, they're at disadvantage early in the game. You've got to kill as many as possible before they close in with their nasty Combat troops.

Most war machines don't give any armour save so chaos knights don't get their beloved 2+ AS.

Take lots of firepower, a gyrocopter for holding up units and loads of slayers, as they can even beat some chaos elites in combat, plus chaos can't gun em down easily.
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

zuz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy
    I mean 2000pts of course. Army of ´khorne that is.
    Don't double post, use the edit button. To take out Chaos I would take lots of Thunderers and GW Warriors. Pack in the Slayers and artillery and go for an Anvil of Doom. For heros, take Thanes and Master Engineers (for warmachines, see). You don't need extra Runesmiths because he's Khorne and won't have any magic. Use the Rune of Wrath and Ruin from the Anvil as often as possible because in addition to casualites it slows enemy movement. Combined with the Gyrocoper stopping march moves it should be turn 3-4 when he hits your lines. When this comes around use the Rune of Oath and Honour to get in some GW charges. Another thing you can do is take a unit of 15 or so Slayers with 2 Giant Slayers and deploy them in a wide frontage (one rank). Since they are unbreakable your friend will need to kill them all. Another usefull thing about this is the huge blockage it causes for his movements which gives you more turns of valuable shooting. For Rare take a Gyrocopter (for reasons mentioned above) and a Flame Cannon. The Flame Cannon is for the sole purpose of causing panic tests. Even thought Chaos troops have high leadership, you will still be able to panic a few of them since they are not Undivided and don't get a reroll for psychology tests. For special I would take 2 Bolt Throwers, the unit of Slayers mention above, a Cannon and a Grudge Thrower.

ZuZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are khorne, so that means frenzy and imune to psychology. they aren't going anywhere, and if they are that means they lost in combat and lost frenzy. theyre probably dead anyways.

Take as much high strenght things as posible, because when ever i play i try to avoid the stronger units(pretty much anything w/GW). these will rip through the warriors, but you still might have problems with the knights if they are chosen, 1+ save. I dont know the dwarves very well but if you can get anything strength 6 or 7 that would be excellent against the knights, and the warriors wouldn't stand a chance.

take the rune of swiftness for sure, because when i play against dwarves, i hate having to go after my opponent(especially in a challenge). that will waste some of the points chaos has to spend on the high Initiative. and if you have GW(which would be dumb not to take with rune of swiftness) you might kill his hero before he even gets to attack.
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

+ Reply to Thread