Cheap Marauder Horsemen Substitutions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap Marauder Horsemen Substitutions?

Well, I need a few fast calvary units to offset my usually slow moving, but frenzied, Khorne army. I want to deploy at least 3-4 units of minimum size (5), 2 with spears and 2 with throwing axes. Right now I have a total of 8 Horsemen which is a decent regiment in itself, but those horsemen are quite expensive for only 13 points base.

I mean the box set of only five horsemen is friggin' 40 dollars. Thats expensive, because I dont want to spend $100+ on a total of 15 horsemen. Thats out of the question.

Basically, what I was wondering is what would be a good model choice to buy and simply convert with various pieces of bitz I have lying about. I was thinking the Middinheim Knights of the Wolf or Knights of Winter, or whatever the heck they are called. Also, the bret. mounted squires look pretty decent but not as barbarish, if you know what I'm saying.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Knights are a bad idea, they look way too heavy armoured.

The Mounted Yeomen could do it, or simply convert foot marauders and stick them of horses.

Sidenote: Flails are much more effective than spears IMO, as the 5+ save is of limited impact.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread