Looking for help with a Mortal Slaanesh HoC Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for help with a Mortal Slaanesh HoC Army

First of all, hello, for I am new to these forums and I have a few questions about - as the title suggests - a mortal Slaanesh army.

To start, Deamonettes - how best to use them effectively? Are Deamonettes best mounted or unmounted as fast cavalry to use instead of or with marauders? FYI I'm going to be working on making a 1.5K army initially - so out of the three special slots, all Daemonettes? All moutned/unmounted, etc. Also, how many Daemonettes should be fielded in an unmounted unit? For mounted I'd imagine a unit of 5, but suggestions here would also be great.

Finally, furies - given I only have 3 special slots, I'd prefer to use them solely on Daemonettes, but how well would a unit of furies serve me, and if necessary or at least greatly beneficial, what size unit is recommended?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your suggestions and replies - also any general tips about a mortal Slaanesh army would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

First off, welcome to LO. Please enjoy your stay, you'll find we have a great host of members who are willing to help out iwth your gaming issues.

Now, Slanesh is a tough army to play with (more than other chaos marks that is), little benefits for all the disadvantages you end up with.

Now as for the Daemonettes, I and a very fluff bent by, and usually like to see either 12, 18 or 24, the latest being a bit excessive unless you field them in a whole regiment.

12 is a nice number for a flanking unit, they are fast and will have that little more speed than other units to get there while not being mounted. They will also be able to reach an opponent's unit boefore it makes it to your flank as well.

18 is a threat to any infantry unit in the game, deadly speed, high number of attacks and decent strength is a dangerous combination.

Mounted daemonettes are amazingly fast, and can also dish out quite a bit of damage on the good end of a charge.

I think you will need to incorporate a few units without the mark of slaanesh (warhounds, marauders, beast herds or maybe ogres/ minotaurs) to be able to bait and flee, to make up for your marked units inability to do so.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont have any and havent used any daemonettes of any sort (and with my budget i probably wont for a while) but i think that you should definatly get some mounted daemonettes. if it were me, i'd get one unit of 12 daemonettes and a unit of 5 mounted ones and maybe a unit of 18+daemonettes.

B'cos daemons are expensive probably dont bother taking any chaos warriors. warhounds could be a great mortal option cos they can act as meat shields for units with the MoS and then when theyre charged they can flee past the slaaneshi troops who counter charge ur opponent (a unit of 18+ daemonettes would be great at that). To give u the much needed numbers and expendable troops (and core choices) take 2 units of about 20marauders with lt armour and shields. Maybe have another unit of 12-15 with flails to give u some higher strength.

good luck with ur army

and like wolf pack mentioned - welcome

regards

Dark Pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's anything that's worth bringing to the table for Slaanesh, it's sorcerers. Try and grab a decent magic battery, because if you can grab control of the magic phase with Slaanesh, you can really do some damage.

WolfPack's definitely right about some unmarked units, and I don't think you'll need too many units with MoS (the Daemonettes can fill the role), but you will need enough to be allowed to take Slaaneshi sorcerers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

A wonderful choice if I may say so. Sex for the Sex God!

Daemonettes are a great addition to any Slaaneshi army, and are some pretty nice models if you don't mind painting that much skin. (Some of them are also pretty hard to assemble without pinning.

Fluff wise of course it's best to field them in units of powers of 6. However for tactical purposes they work fine in any formation. Daemonettes are a good counterpart to the more durable infantry in your list. They hit hard on the charge, with many S4 attacks, making them ideal against lightly armored infantry. You also cause fear, as with all daemons, which is a huge advantage which you should exploit whenever possible. However they are a bit fragile, and as such they need to be protected from shooting, and god forbid, being charged. You have a higher charge distance than most enemy infantry, but a unit of daemonettes charged by the enemy will very likely die. They are best used in conjunction with some Slaaneshi magic, forcing your opponent to walk up to you and be charged.

Mounted daemonettes are wonderful flankers, and your opponent will find it nigh-impossible to avoid a flank charge. However they suffer the same durability issues that foot mounted deamonettes have. Keep them shielded from enemy fire. (

Overall strategies for a Slaaneshi mortals list are to have a good magic base, and supplement your troops with some hard hitting units from the beasts of chaos book. Your magic lore is probably the best out of the chaos lores, and so taking just a medium magic phase can do wonders for you.

The mark of Slaanesh on a chaos lord is next to useless, as I would prefer the reroll. However the mark becomes *very* useful on a Daemon, or Shaggoth. If I field a chaos lord, he goes into battle undivided.

Your other question about furies will be answered later as I need to run, sry.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to agree that MoS on a Lord is a waste of points

I think you mean multiples of six, not powers. Otherwise you're talking about having 36 as a bottom size unit, and 216 as the next one up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Ha, good call. Damn you CS classes....
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounted!

I've never found daemonettes on foot to be worth the points. Daemonette Cav, however is awesome. 10" move, 2 attacks mounts have first strike and poison.

As others have mentioned, the Lore of Slaanesh is great.

I have to disagree about the Mark of Slaanesh however. Its my favorite mark, the value to point cost ratio is great.

+ Reply to Thread