Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hi all you corrupted Chaos worshippers. May Sigmar smash your rotten bones.
1. The Rod of Corruption - I don't get it, can you or can you not dispel its magic (since it has got a power level)?
2. Crom - Does he really ignore ALL enemy special weapon rules (magic + other) when fighting in a challenge? That would make him the ultimate charcter killer. Tyrion (HE special character) would then lose his +3 strength (from his magic sword) and other useful rules ("riposte") and be almost helpless.
3. Any tips for a 2000/2500 pts. Nurgle mortal army against High Elves (for my brother, he became one of you when he fell for Nurgle)?
Thanks in advance, you daemonic wretches.
As far as I understand it, all Crom does is cause the enemy's weapon to
become a simple hand weapon, with any magical effects of the weapon
also cancelled. Therefore, I think that any magical (or skill-based) effect
that is not caused by the weapon, will still remain.
So vampire counts bloodline skills would still remain in effect, but the Dark
Elf gauntlet of power would be turned into a simple hand weapon.
I'm not sure about Tyrion, you'll have to check his rules. Any rules based on
a magical weapon will be ignored, but any based on skill or non-weapon magic
Hope this helps,
1. Don't know the item -sorryOriginally Posted by Schabbes
2. Crom has 2 fighting styles that he can use. When fighting with a sword and shield this opponent's weapon will count as a normal hand weapon. So in your example, Tyrion will lose the +3 str since it comes from his magic sword, but not riposte or any other abilities. Nor will he lost any ward saves or the like. Only the bonuses given by his magic weapon.
3. Nurgle is less effective against HEs due to their high leadership, you should make almost all your fear tests.
Its hard to give advice without knowing what type of army you play, shooty? Heavy magic? Cav? 4 bolt throwers?
The rod of corruption is quite possibly the 2nd most crappy item in the Chaos list. I think the sword of change takes first place though.
Anyway it can be dispelled when it is cast for the first time. However once it has been successfully cast, it will last for the rest of the game. (Not that it will actually prove it's worth. Your opponent can always dispel scroll it and beat you up on 50 pts)
The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood
98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.
Thanks for the answers. The elven army will be pretty much mixed, with two bolt throwers, a big block of spearmen, a unit of swordmasters, some smaller silver helms regiments and 2 level 2 mages. I think the problem for nurgle armies is their lack of speedy units. Probably chaos furies?
Chaos Furies are a must in all of my army lists, they're just too good against war machines not to take.Originally Posted by Schabbes
He'll also need some mages for counter magic. I hate that ignore armor save thunderbolt spell.