All Maurader Lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

All Maurader Lists

Are all Maurader Lists (ok not all Maurader, got to have Choas warriors in there somewhere!), No one in my store plays one. I would Either play Maurader, Khore, or Deamons. Could you very kind People of the Chaos forum give advice to a fantasy n00b.

Thanks,
    -Doom

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthought
    Are all Maurader Lists (ok not all Maurader, got to have Choas warriors in there somewhere!)any good, No one in my store plays one. I would Either play Maurader, Khore, or Deamons. Could you very kind People of the Chaos forum give advice to a fantasy n00b.

Thanks,
    -Doom

stupid site wont let me edit.

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm building one as we speak. It's done well during test-play and the goals are set high for it - it's off for the UK Grand Tournament in october. :yes:

Since it's ALL marauder that's pretty much it. 3 large blocks of marauders, converted chariots (marauder crew), marauder horsemen, warhounds and characters. It's led by a daemonprince/exalted daemon of slaanesh (seduced the entire tribe).

If you DO start an army .. please let me know! ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

That sounds very cool. Now I'll problly give it a go! This will be interseting.
    If you could linky me to any list so I would have a base to work from, I would be grateful.
    Thanks,
    -Doom

P.S. Nice Sig, I have that CD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am thinking of doing a mostly marauder army based on the norsemen with some chaos warriors as elite warroirs

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds very cool. Now I'll problly give it a go! This will be interseting.
    If you could linky me to any list so I would have a base to work from, I would be grateful.
    Afraid I can't link you, but I can go through the basics I went through when building mine.

Start of by building your 'fauvorite unit'. In this case it probably gonna be a large block of marauders. This is the unit you always will field - no matter what it's cost or what's the opposition. Paint it up to the highest standard and add your coolest character! :yes:

Think of a theme for the army - and choose god. In my case it\s a seduced desert tribe so I use a (quite expensive) exalted daemon or daemon prince with Master of mortals. I add alot of speed to this (chariots, horsemen, the daemon, warhounds and sometimes furies).

It can be hard to keep your hands off units like chaos warriors and knights, but stick to the theme and have all your models barechested. :yes:

P.S. Nice Sig, I have that CD
    Indeed. Good to meet someone with good music taste.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

I actually posted ideas and tactics for an all marauder list a while back. Here is the link http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...uder-list.html
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; July 5th, 2006 at 19:50.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never really taken marauders in my armies but there are distinct advantages to taking them:

1. they cost 7pts with light armour, HW, Shield as opposed to 15pts for a chaos warrior with heavy armour, Hw, Shield (obviously you pay for the better profile and heavy armour)

2. you can take heaps of them (hopefully not be outnumbered!)

3. very versitile equipment and can fill multiple roles - take a large block of marauders (say 25 or 30) and then use small units of 10 as "detachments" similar to the way empire uses them. it can be quite effective. give LA,HW,Shield to the main unit and then Great weapons or flails to the "detachments"

i also read somewhere in this forum about someone using warriors to represent the elite bodyguard of the general and then marauders for the rest of the army (sorry don't know the thread). seems like a good idea

- LoCU :shifty:

ps: anyone in here heard of Cog (Aussie metal band)? anyone?
    "Now that question is less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid manner..."

Current Armies:
    - Chaos Undivided: way too many points for my small budget
    - Empire: reliving my first army
    - Lizardmen: too many skinks dammit
    - Space Marines: who doesn't like a man in armour? lol

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos Undecided
    ps: anyone in here heard of Cog (Aussie metal band)? anyone?
    Nope but I imagine I will soon enough. :yes:
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell
    I actually posted ideas and tactics for an all marauder list a while back. Here is the link http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...uder-list.html
    Thanks for the link.
    Does anyone know wheter the Marauder charactars that were listed in White Dwarf (i think it was 309, I could be wrong though...)are legal?

Thanks,
    -Doom
    Last edited by Luminaru; July 8th, 2006 at 01:24.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast