Quick question regarding Hellcannon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question regarding Hellcannon

Okay, so I know that the Hellcannon must be fielded in a mortal army. But here's the question:

I'm building an army that has a Daemonic general. That makes the army Daemonic. However, I'm giving him the Daemonic gift "Master of Mortals", which makes Mortal units core, and Daemonic units Special.

Does this make my army mortal, as well, hence, I can field the Hellcannon? Or is it still considered a Daemonic army because of my general, that just happens to field mortal units as core?

Warhammer Fantasy: Vampire Counts | Wood Elves | Chaos

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, secondary question...

On the rules, I notice that it has a lot of Daemonic benefits, I.E. Daemonic Aura, and such.

But I don't see the "Daemonic" special rule anywhere. Perhaps a stupid question, but does it count as a mortal unit with these Daemonic benefits? Or is it a Daemonic unit, meaning it suffers from instability and such?

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

The Hellcannon isn't Daemonic as such, since as you noted, it doesn't have the Daemonic rule. This is because it isn't a daemon, it is a daemonic spirit bound to a physical object (ie. the cannon), the spirit then possesses the cannon and takes control of it. The daemon is only released once the cannon itself has been destroyed (which is very hard to do!).

Anyway, that's the fluff over with, as for the rules, you can take a Hellcannon in any army of chaos because it's a Rare unit in the same way as the rare units in the back of both chaos books (ie. it's neither mortal, beast or daemonic), and it takes up two Rare choices if you choose to include it.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch Lord
    Anyway, that's the fluff over with, as for the rules, you can take a Hellcannon in any army of chaos because it's a Rare unit in the same way as the rare units in the back of both chaos books (ie. it's neither mortal, beast or daemonic), and it takes up two Rare choices if you choose to include it.
    Yes, but it's rules specifically state that it can be fielded in a mortal chaos army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the solution is easy:

is the general (whether he be a daemon prince with master of mortals or a lord of chaos) leading a mortal army?

if yes then you can use 2 rare slots to take the hellcannon.

if no then you can't.

but are you taking an Archaon's Horde army or just a normal chaos list?

in either case 270pts+ for something that will potentially destroy itself or your nearest friendly unit (refer to the misfire chart).

personally i have tried to use it but the empire army i was playing just would not break, damn it :realmad:

if you do take it (and believe me taking chaos giants from the beasts book is much better) don't try to use it for shooty shooty, use it for choppy choppy

and give it the Diabolic splendor gift so that he gets a true ward save (please i beg of you :cry: )

- LoCU :shifty:
    "Now that question is less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid manner..."

Current Armies:
    - Chaos Undivided: way too many points for my small budget
    - Empire: reliving my first army
    - Lizardmen: too many skinks dammit
    - Space Marines: who doesn't like a man in armour? lol

+ Reply to Thread