Daemonic Legion anyone? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonic Legion anyone?

im about to make a new army and i think i want to try out a daemonic legion. i already have a HoC and SoC book for my cult of slaanesh army, so i have been doing some research. however, i dont see any listings or strats around here. anyone use em or fought one?

the only thing that keeps me from jumping on this wagon is what to use against an oppenent that has heavy cav like brettonia or empire. is that what the new bloodcrusher and nugle beast was designed for? i fear for the survivablity of this listing since there is very little in the way of saves. yea, the entire army has a full 5+ ward, but that's as good as it gets without the new unholy relic on 1 unit.

i like how they made flamers a skirmishing unit on their own... this gives it some nice shooting. i really, REALLY wish the hellcannon was part of the roster

discuss :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

The daemonic legions are extremely powerful. Don't worry *too* much about instability. Your daemons have enough leadership to not auto-pop as often as normal.

Then you have your powerful hitting units. All of the daemonic cavalry, (especially pleasureseekers) rock. Your daemonic chariots are godly as well. 20 inch chariots for Slaanesh, and FLYING chariots for Tzeetnch. Always take the max number of these heavy hitters.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Ay, the daemonic legion is VERY tough...but, they are also relatively high in points as well, especially for the the big units, i.e. cavalry and chariots.

Though, you simply MUST consider using the Khorne list....the bloodletter/juggernaut cavalry models are huge and the chariot looks simply TANK!!

its really cool.

Like i said though, they are pretty points heavy and you have to have a certain number of 'standard' daemon units (i.e. from the hordes book) per special, rare etc choice.

Also there is instability...not a real biggy though, like Fat_Badger said though, thier leadership is sufficent to keep them on the board for long enough....AND you can have B'elakor on the army....he is a pretty nifty model as well.
    OR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Ay, the daemonic legion is VERY tough...but, they are also relatively high in points as well, especially for the the big units, i.e. cavalry and chariots.

Though, you simply MUST consider using the Khorne list....the bloodletter/juggernaut cavalry models are huge and the chariot looks simply TANK!!

its really cool.

Like i said though, they are pretty points heavy and you have to have a certain number of 'standard' daemon units (i.e. from the hordes book) per special, rare etc choice.

Also there is instability...not a real biggy though, like Fat_Badger said though, thier leadership is sufficent to keep them on the board for long enough....AND you can have B'elakor on the army....he is a pretty nifty model as well.
    OR
    You can have the army led by a greater Daemon....its like the ultimate in deamon army buiding technology......lol

A fun list to play with though,

Regards

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Geisticon
    im about to make a new army and i think i want to try out a daemonic legion. i already have a HoC and SoC book for my cult of slaanesh army, so i have been doing some research. however, i dont see any listings or strats around here.
    The army list for a Daemonic Legion can be found in the Storm of Chaos campaign book. Although since the campaign ended ages ago, you'll be lucky to find one. Some stores may still have some in stock though, mail order might be able to help you, or perhaps try ebay?
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Actually I'm pretty sure the rules for the SoC army lists are still posted on the UK games-workshop site. Always worth a look.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, i never asked where the rules are, i have them. i just wanted to see some peoples experience with them/against them on LO.

Someone sent me a IM of a good website dedicated to the Demonic Legion. if anyone wants it lemme know, ill IM it to you.

+ Reply to Thread