Librarium Online Forums banner

Mark of Slaanesh

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Rex 
#1 ·
I have seen many of you guys talking about how you think the mark of Slaanesh is superior to the rest of them. I looked at them and I think they are alright, but not as much as you talk them up, I must be missing something, could you please explain to me why you think that they are the best?

#2 ·
very inexpensive mark, and immune to psychology is an amazing characteristic. it really sucks when you're 300pt unit sits and does nothing for a turn it COULD have charged when trying to charge a fear causer.... or if you loose combat you wont auto flee from a fear causer. it's not AS useful if you arnt fighting a fear/terror causing army. also, chaos armies tend to be small so there are many opportunites for enemies to flank, you wont take a panic test from this. just take a look at the psychology section of the rulebook and play some incedents in your head... it can be a gamesaver.

#3 ·
Yes the mark of slaaneesh is rather nice.

As a dark elf player, i usually rely on the breaking ability/fear causing of the Cold one knights to destroy an enemy battle line....it sucks when the enemy merely looks at you like your an idiot.
Its also a very nice advantage over, for example, an undead horde (vampires or tombkings) who rely on fear causing as their rank and file troops are otherwise pitiful.

The mark of Khorne also makes a unit immune to psycology....they just start frothing at the mouth a little and feel an incredible urge to fight things bigger than they are!

Regards

#5 ·
Slaaneesh has the most combat beneficient standard in the chaos armoury for points effectiveness.

Look up the details for the Rapturous Standard....its quite lovely. Then give it to a unit of 4-9 chosen chaos knights with an exalted champion or Lord of chaos in it and you have one ***** of a unit (excuse my french)

Another bonus to the slaaneeshi armies is the colour scheme, have a look in the chaos book at the single knight labeled 'knight of slaaneesh'. i think the purple colour scheme is great.

Regards

#6 ·
The Mark of Slaanesh is very good and well worth taking, but please don't make the mistake of thinking your troops don't have to take break tests! Soooooo many players believe that break tests are psychology tests (and thus immunity to psychology means immunity to break tests). This is not the case! The rule for that of course, would be 'Unbreakable'.

#7 ·
Hah, if only it were unbreakable though. T'would by all means be the best mark.

The mark of Slaanesh is indeed very useful. It gives you a huge edge against all undead armies who are really counting on breaking you through outnumbering. However as Tzeentch Lord stated, just because you didn't auto-break, if you lost combat there's still a chance that you will fail your break test. It's good to have the battle standard around somewhere.

Slaanesh has one of the best magic banners, (second only to Khorne imho). Put this banner in a unit of chosen on foot, (on knights it really isn't worth it imho), and they can best almost anything in combat.

Slaaneshi magic though is where the mark really has it's advantages. We've probably got the most useful magic lore out of all the ones available to us.

Daemons and Shaggoths also benefit greatly from it.

The huge downsides to the mark though are the following:
-We lack the hard hitting power of Khorne, and so you might not be able to rely on your warriors to really deliver kills
-Lack the magic oomp of Tzeentch
-Can't flee charges.

Not being able to flee from charges is a huge pain in the butt. You need to be very careful with positioning so that you do not get caught in a combat which you wanted to avoid. (Though our magic is how you often deal with this.) Be *very* careful having your sorcerers outside of protective units. If a tomb scorpion unburrows 13.5 inches away from your rogue sorcerer, he's still gonna take that charge and die. A successful Slaaneshi army will have a good deal of fast cavalry to function as charge baiters, so as to make up for the rest of the armies inability to flee. (Hounds can perform this role as well, but they usually won't rally)

#8 ·
Fat_Badger said:
Slaanesh has one of the best magic banners...
...Slaaneshi magic though is where the mark really has it's advantages. We've probably got the most useful magic lore out of all the ones available to us.
:( Yes, sad but true. The Slaanesh banner is better than the Tzeentch one (bound spell, unbelievable... :glare: ) and the Lore of Slaanesh, while not earth shattering, is certainly more reliable than Tzeentch (what isn't?!) and it does have a lot more utility spells.
Fat_Badger said:
A successful Slaaneshi army will have a good deal of fast cavalry to function as charge baiters, so as to make up for the rest of the armies inability to flee. (Hounds can perform this role as well, but they usually won't rally)
But when they're only 30 points a unit, who cares?! :lol:

#9 ·
Then again,

Slaaneesh is still by all accounts chaos. And chaos does tend to excel at combat regardless of the denomination.

I also love slaaneesh because i can now use them with my Dark Elves, Woohoo!!

Regards

#12 ·
Slaanesh is my favourite mark, both for magic and how cheap it is to make things immune to psychology. I particularly like delicious excrutiation and titillating delusions. Use the former on a unit of chosen knights or warriors, and you've got an incredibly strong, unbreakable unit! Titillating delusions is also handy for a relatively low casting cost, and psychologically it can alter your opponents decisions (particularly on dispelling etc.). Luring the enemies strongest unit into a flanking position or simply leading them out of the game is always good fun!

#13 ·
How could you forget enrapturing spasms?! Best spell in the lore!

My personal favs are #2,3, and 5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.