Gone Undivided - Need Magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone Undivided - Need Magic

So it's finally settled .. my marauder army is no longer slaaneshi, but undivided. The main reason is the way I've painted them, and I couldn't see myself painting my exalted daemon pink.

Anyway, I've played one game with them (undivided) and started to wonder what lore to use (fire, shadow or death). That game, I used death.

The main reason is that I tend to go for the first spell in the list, hence not needing very many powerdice. This leaves shadow out (steed of shadows), and the model is far to 'black' to be called a firemage. So death it was.
    Comparing this to slaanesh ment 2 less strenght, for a mere one powerlevel less. A huge drawback, but it fits the theme soo much better.

This way I can go even more horde (me like), since I save almost 100 pts on skipping the marks. Another thing I like about the death lore is Doom And Darkness, which leaves my enemies very afraid of a terror-causing daemon. :yes:

(back on topic)
    So which lore do you use when playing undivided? Or would use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

If you have a killy Chaos Lord of Exalted Champ, Shadows is ace. Plus, if the rumours of the new pass-Initiative-or-die Pit are true, it's the death of Lizzies.

Fire and Death are nice, blasty Lores.

Depends on the composition and opponent, really.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Leaving us? Nooooooooooo....

Hehehe.... but once you go Slaanesh, you never go back! You'll rejoin with us sooner or later hehe

Anyway for an undivided list focusing on marauders, I would say to go with fire. The lore of Fire is a great offensive damage lore, and at 1000 points it will serve you wonderfully. Shadow and Death are great at higher point games, where support spells will have a larger effect, but at the current sized game I would recommend using magic for damage.

If you go up to larger games though, it is a tossup between the two support lores. Death has 2 good magic missiles, death dealer is great for great-weapon toting marauders, and doom/darkness is always fun. Shadow has some nice abilities to keep you safe from shooting, and shades of death is great on large units.

So for now, stick with fire, but as you increase game size, a little diversity will help alot.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually started off playing nothing but death lore but the main drawback is its no good against undead or daemons!!

so lore of shadow works real well for me. use the steed of shadows spell (which is now a 5+ to cast not a 4+) and fly your guys away from the combats but the best hting is is that you cast it on a chaos champ with a great weapon (or even just 2 hand weapons) and fly him into combat with war machine crews and mages, hell, even chariots!

everybody loves S7 :wub: . just thinking about it makes me feel warm and fuzzy :lol:

if you have 2 mages you could use lore of death and lore of shadow combined.

- LoCU :shifty:

ps: the unit movement spell is great for infantry blocks
    "Now that question is less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid manner..."

Current Armies:
    - Chaos Undivided: way too many points for my small budget
    - Empire: reliving my first army
    - Lizardmen: too many skinks dammit
    - Space Marines: who doesn't like a man in armour? lol

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fat_Badger
    Leaving us? Nooooooooooo....

Hehehe.... but once you go Slaanesh, you never go back! You'll rejoin with us sooner or later hehe
    As a fan of Slaanesh, I probably will .. but for now my heart goes black - not pink. :w00t:

As it looks now, death is probably the thing for my marauders. In a few weeks though, when the new edition arrives, I'll look it all over again and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice though. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my openion dude you should use the lore of shadow.. i use it all the time..

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    As a fan of Slaanesh, I probably will .. but for now my heart goes black - not pink. :w00t:

As it looks now, death is probably the thing for my marauders. In a few weeks though, when the new edition arrives, I'll look it all over again and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice though. Cheers!
    A Slaaneshi daemon doesnt have to be pink, as for me I will never paint my army is pink.
    Regardless of god
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Psshhhh, my entire army is pink, even the non-Slaaneshi stuff!
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danceman
    A Slaaneshi daemon doesnt have to be pink, as for me I will never paint my army is pink.
    This might be something to include in the WYSIWYG-rule.
    "All models with the mark of slaanesh must be pink". :w00t:

No but seriously, GW's gone all serious about WYSIWYG in fantasy now too, meaning that some of my old conversions went down the drain.

For example my marauder army; I had a 'barbarian' hero version of an exalted champion, not wearing anything but shoulderpads for armour. According to the new rules, the chaos armour must be shown on the model wearing it, hence more than shoulderpads.

As we speak, I'm planning some cool conversions (plastic) on a lord/hero who still looks like a barbarian. Furs, barechested (that'll have to do), and so forth.

Any ideas about this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

The choice of colours isn't that important, it's more the paint job that counts, after all, it's your chaos horde (if yer slaneeshi troops decide to wear black leather it's their own right. Judging from the profile and the fluff, noone's gonna stop them anyways :rolleyes: )

As for the magic choices: I know it's quite the gamble (first to get the spell, second to cast it succesfully when needed :cry: ) but the lore of fire and especially the Flaming Sword of Rhuin is quite the godly (or rather demonic) combination with an exalted daemon or a demon prince. Five or six attacks at strength 8 :w00t: which hit on 2+ (and with soul hunger you might get a reroll on those pesky 1's :shifty: ) is quite the nightmare of every enemy.
    Of course, apart from IF or your opponent already ran out of dispel scrolls and rolls bad with his dispel dice it's not very likely to actually get the spell working.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast