New frenzy rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New frenzy rules

Hi folks, I just wanted to get some clarification on my interpretation of the new frenzy rules. What it says in the book is that frenzy also affects the dude's mount (which should include horses). The obvious interpretation of this means that the horse on which a knight of Khorne sits is also affected by frenzy, and must therefore also get an extra attack. The only thing is, that seems too good to be true :w00t: Is there any irritating technicality that means they do not, cos otherwise knights of Khorne just got EVEN better - one chosen KofK will now have 3 * str5 and 2 * str4 attacks - OUCH!

Hope I'm right
    Thanks
    J

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Yes, the steeds of khornate knights are indeed frenzied now. But it's not really that bad - most khornate cavalry units win by total overkill, with or without the steeds .

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork
    Yes, the steeds of khornate knights are indeed frenzied now. But it's not really that bad - most khornate cavalry units win by total overkill, with or without the steeds .
    you would be surprised at the amount of times my frenzied knights get out shone by their war horses...
    1 wound from knights 2 wounds from the horses its almost embarrassing.
    but this is indead good news.

what i was wondernig is... does this also effect monster mounts? (im specifically thinking the juggernaught here)
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay

Well that's pretty cool! I realise they don't REALLY need the extra horse attacks, but now a unit of 5 chosen KofK will be dishing out 15str5 and 10str4 - which is just that little bit cooler! Plus, when fighting standard WS3 T3 RnF troops, even those horsies are gonna do some maiming - lovely!
    As for monster mounts, there was nothing in the wording to suggest any distinction, so I'm fairly sure it would apply to any juggernaught/dragon that he may be riding

CHeers
    J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havnt got the new rulebook yet (!) so this was news for me....
    Savage orc boar boyz has frenzy, and the boars get str 5 at the charge, plus the riders.
    I guess there is no need to take more than 5 then, even if you face T4. Sorry for interupting at the chaos-area, and thanx for the info.
    Greetings from Sweden

http://www.markofchaos.com/videos.php?clip=1#top
    Nice warhammer video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greenskin
    Havnt got the new rulebook yet (!) so this was news for me....
    Savage orc boar boyz has frenzy, and the boars get str 5 at the charge, plus the riders.
    I guess there is no need to take more than 5 then, even if you face T4. Sorry for interupting at the chaos-area, and thanx for the info.
    hehe the exact same thing passed my mind as soon as i heard the news (i have both O&G and khorne)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your name is very orcy indeed, as is your way of thinking....:ninja:
    I try to compare knights of chaos with the sav. boar boyz, but the Knights always ends up on top....They have a lot better armour, better move, and they can have lances. Ws 5 aint to shabby either, and they have 3 attacks each if Chosen knights of khorne. They almost make all other cavalry die of shame! But I guess it chews up a juicy bit of points.....not that sav. boarboyz biguns is cheap either...:wacko:
    Greetings from Sweden

http://www.markofchaos.com/videos.php?clip=1#top
    Nice warhammer video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greenskin
    I try to compare knights of chaos with the sav. boar boyz, but the Knights always ends up on top....They have a lot better armour, better move, and they can have lances. Ws 5 aint to shabby either, and they have 3 attacks each if Chosen knights of khorne. They almost make all other cavalry die of shame! But I guess it chews up a juicy bit of points.....not that sav. boarboyz biguns is cheap either...:wacko:
    i think savage orc boar boys are great expecially for their points i mean theyre half the points of chosen knights and theyre still pretty powerful. expecially big uns i mean 1 less WS and there is 4 S5 attacks going there while the knights are at 3 S5 and 2 S4 (if khorne)
    ok their armour leaves much to be desired... but still theyre very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is one distinction the rules make, freenzy is only transferes to a modle with a single state of Wo, so knight get it, chariots get it, but dragons, dont, mounts dont. THey have to have a set number of wounds to get the transfer, this aplies to hatred, and all the others too.
    E-bay helps us all!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZss4kakerotQQhtZ-1
    GT Las vegas ticket available through me just pm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Page 79 states different. It distinctly mentions monstrous mounts and chariots are also affected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast