chaos army advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos army advice

Hi im joel and im completley new to the warhammer fantasy games but i like the look of slaanesh there really cool!:w00t: any advice on what i should do if i wanna make a mortal slaanesh army this is what im starting off with 1 exalted daemon & 12 chaos warriors any other things i should get?

Regards Joel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

muraders

no chaos force is complete without at least one good block, if not more. murader footslogers and horsement are a great component.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Yes marauders!!! A unit of marauders is also good.
    I sugest that you choose an other character to begin with, as a daemon i illegal in border patrol (500pts). I would say a Aspiring Champion of Chaos (my fav is blade of blood and enchanted Shield -as you can't have more than 125pts invested in one model). Aster you hit the 500pts mark, you could expand to 1000pts by adding more troops and a daemon prince (maybe a sorcerer). but to start off... you need marauders...
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joell0 View Post
    Hi im joel and im completley new to the warhammer fantasy games but i like the look of slaanesh there really cool!
    Hi, and welcome to LO.

If you like the look of Slaanesh then daemonettes are a must have for you army as they are one of the best looking units you can have, plus they can be cheaper then chaos warriors in points, and their stats are not that bad either.

Eldar (test phase)
    W / L / D
    0 2 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of factors go into what you need to get. If you want an eliteist army stock up on warriors, not however if a lot of the guys you would play against play Orcs and Goblins coz fanatics will have a field day.

The advice I will offer is this .... collect an army that you think looks cool (while still remaining legal). If you like playing with your cool army you will learn how to play with it successfully. The most awesome lineup however will be marred forever if you think it looks like ****e.

Personally I would drop the daemon prince down to an exalted daemon (too expensive for my taste).
    What is the most humane way to kill a lobster, in the fridge or with Michael Bolton music?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Hordes of chaos is an army that requires alot of playtesting to master. Don't fall for the nice statline some units harbour. Instead, look at what you get for your points. Chaos warrior are very powerful individually, but cannot make the bulk of your army. The new rank rules sees to this.

Point for point, marauders are the best available troops to chaos, Above average weapon skill and initiative, are amazingly versatile in thier gearing choices and make cheap expandable if need be.

Supported by the presence of your generals, they are amongst the most solid troops of the old world. A Nurgle marked caracter will make them immune to fear, making them even more harder to get to as spine of your army.

Support the unit with a nifty unit of 12-15 chaos warriors armed with halberds or 2 hand weapons and they'll rack up a healthy amount of combat resolution.

Don't discard marauder horsemen. fast moving, fast cavalry status, and flail option or throwing axes if you like, they have it all. They excel against soft troops, and shouldn't be pitted against elite units.

Stay away from chosen. Sure they are mighty killing machines, but they'll attract an unhealthy amount of attention to themselves, and your opponent will reap the rewards for at as they are worth quite a lot of points.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread