New rules, chaos marauders and warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New rules, chaos marauders and warriors

The new rules state that roughly man sized creatures require 5 models to form a rank. Since chaos warriors are on 25 by 25 does this apply to them too? Cause i compared a chaos warrior model to a man. He had atleast 2 feet if they were real sized on the man.

I was also wondering, what sized bases do marauders have? on the gw chart they have 25 by 25, shouldnt they be 20 by 20?

Thanks for the help

insert funny, witty, or wise quote here.

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Yeah chaos warriors need five models to form a rank.

As for your 2nd question, marauders are mounted on a 25x25 base.

Hope this helps

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

though five are still needed to make a rank, I suggest having three ranks of six. Back in sixth edition when most of my fellow friendly chaos players, were playing, they played their warriors in three ranks of five. And by experience, three ranks of six seem to work a lot better with the new rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 ranks of 6 is a pretty good idea. Though i dont think i could use movement trays to perfection anymore. Who knows when the newer larger movement trays will be realeased in local stores?

Arent marauders man sized? ive never compared them. I hate the fact that i bought a bunch of movement trays recently for the 4 per rank of chaos warriors. GRRRR

im too lazy to just put a rank on the side or make my own.
    Last edited by K.Young; December 21st, 2006 at 02:36.
    insert funny, witty, or wise quote here.

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite simple. take the larger movement tray, and glue it to the smaller movement tray, though i do not know when the new movement trays will be released in stores. and yes, marauders are on the same size base as warriors are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by K.Young View Post
    Arent marauders man sized?
    Warpstone and the warp tainted ground of the northern wastes help chaos warriors to grow slightly larger than normal men in most cases. (In other cases they become snarling beastmen/mutants...)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Who knows when the newer larger movement trays will be realeased in local stores?
    I make all my own trays out of balsa wood. Its around $1 for a sheet of the stuff and it is dead easy to cut up with a sharp craft knife.

Cut yourself a base the size of the unit you intend to field (3 ranks of 6 warriors for example would be 150mm x 75mm) then cut some 2-4mm strips. Glue these to the edges of the base with plain craft glue, wood glue or super glue.

Spray paint black and you have trays the equivalent of games workshop ones.

For more durable trays double the thickness of the base and add a couple mm to the height of the edging,

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Best movement trays I've come across?

Chinese Take away lids.

No seriously, make sure all the grease is washed off and you'll find they're the perfect size for a unit of chaos warriors (or saurus warriors in my case^_^)

Ciao

Stonehambey

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

all basic chaos infantry is on the 25x25mm bases Maruaders, warriors, beastmen, you name it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I don't think the large bases for marauders are to show that they're larger than normal men, but more that they are unorganized.

Learning to have armies march in step was a huge breakthrough as it allowed large formations of troops to fit into smaller areas, allowing them to move through thinner passages and such. Marauders probably aren't the most orderly of troops, and thus take up more room on the field.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast