Khorne Mortals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Khorne Mortals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Mortals

Im new to the whfb world and would like a little insight into how to play a competitive Khorne mortals army. I chose Khorne due to the fact i love CC and that chaos is great at CC, so why not make them better. I also like the fact that they generate dispel dice. But from what i understand it is easy to lure them out, how do you or what do you use to stop that from happening? And what units should be in a competitive Khorne army? Any help would be appreciated.

"We are born for a darker purpose than that of mere existence, there will come a time when the stygian night never ends where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever." - Adept Corteswain

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mark of Khorne is quite an expensive mark so first off, use it only on heroes and your hard hitters. Fielding an army where all the units have MoK's is a waste and a death trap.

For those hard hitters screen them with warhounds and if neeeds be marauder horsemen. Coz your opponent will put throw away units within charge range and force your frenzied warriors or *gasp* knights into revealing their flank. Always screen such units with doggies.

As for essential units furies are a must in any army. The rest depends on your army type - for the mounted army employ a mix of Knights , M. Horsemen, chariots, and for a little flavour add a few beastmen units such as dragon ogres, or minatours. The latter 2 are useful in an army of ground-pounders, as are marauders and beastmen to bulk out the ranks. The key is variety my friend ... an army relying on combined arms is much tougher to kill than an army comprised entirely of warriors and knights.

Little long man but I hope it helps
    What is the most humane way to kill a lobster, in the fridge or with Michael Bolton music?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldnt have aot of trouble, Khorne is pretty easy to play.
    Just dont take any lords (Exalted champions are FINE, and their cost effective).
    Take only one unit of Knights (a little voice will tell you to get more, don't).
    Throw in a few HW and Shield warrior units, slap two HW's on your chosen and throw in something special (trolls, ogres, giants and beastmen) and voila! Decent Khorne list.
    Next you cane experiment with diferent combinations of units and try out a few chariots (which are quite fun!) to see what works for your army. Just avoid having too many marauders and daemons (who tend to phase out on you when you need 'em) and dont go crazy on your heroes (chaos' heroes are good because of statline, not loads of wargear).

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Fleshounds are nasty, they're definitely worth a look.

Warhounds are also excellent for their points cost.

Taking more than one unit of knights is definitely a viable option.

I wouldn't bother with chosen personally in this case, it ups the VP for that unit and can be very expensive.

Lots of chariots are good.

Consider a Lord for his ld, if you decide against it then i'd take a BSB (I'd take a BSB whatever personally)

Let us know how you get on =)

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher, the emperor View Post
    ...Just avoid having too many marauders...
    This might be a noobish question, but why aren't marauders good in a Khorne list? I'm in the process of putting together a marauder-heavy army, and was thinking that it might go well with Khorne. That way I would have a dependable foundation of troops that won't run around like idiots, and it would also up my model count. Do you find they don't work well with Khornate armies?
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I think marauders are awesome. I'm not very experienced playing a Khornate list though, so I'm not sure if they would be any better/worse there. Maybe Rork could shed some light on them.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher, the emperor View Post
    You shouldnt have aot of trouble, Khorne is pretty easy to play.
    Just dont take any lords (Exalted champions are FINE, and their cost effective).
    Take only one unit of Knights (a little voice will tell you to get more, don't).
    Throw in a few HW and Shield warrior units, slap two HW's on your chosen and throw in something special (trolls, ogres, giants and beastmen) and voila! Decent Khorne list.
    Next you cane experiment with diferent combinations of units and try out a few chariots (which are quite fun!) to see what works for your army. Just avoid having too many marauders and daemons (who tend to phase out on you when you need 'em) and dont go crazy on your heroes (chaos' heroes are good because of statline, not loads of wargear).
    Two HW's on chosen khornate warriors? Wow, that's an expensive unit and it's gonna be a big chunk of your army. It doesn't take much for a small unit of skirmishers to lure them out of position and leave them open for a flank charge. I never put all my eggs in one basket like that. I would have one unit of khorne warriors, and if you want chosen take a small unit of undivided with HW and shields. Personally, in less than 3000 points I don't think chosen warriors are worth taking.

As for marauders - keep them close to your general and BSB and they become a very strong unit. Give them light armour and shields and they get a 4+ save in combat (in the front obviously), or give smaller units flails or great weapons. They can be used as powerful shock, flanking units. Marauders should form the bulk of your infantry, being as good and sometimes better than the infantry of other races. Warriors should be regarded as your elite, so an army only needs one or two units, depending on how many points you are playing.

I agree that beast units are very helpful though. Try to include some trolls (ALWAYS keep them near the general) and/or ogres.
    So Sayeth Jimmy boy

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Yeah I agree about chaos trolls, stupidity isn't really that much of a drawback for a model with four attacks and regeneration.

Ciao

Stonehambey

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Yeah they are cool but I prefer dragon ogres for the sheer fact that they are so nasty. Expensive, yes, but really really nasty.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread