A good slaanesh army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good slaanesh army

how would a good slaanesh army be built?

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends...are you looking for daemons, mortals, both, or what? Let me know so I can help.

With that I'll give you some 'musts' in any chaos slaanesh army list.

First off, 5 chosen knights with a standard, musician, mark of slaanesh, and the rupturous banner(the most broken banner for chaos, in my opinion, if not the whole game), and an exalted champion spells trouble for you oponnent. If at any point in the game this unit, as I presented you exactly, reaches combat, very high chances are that they are going to win that combat.

Another thing to keep track of is the daemonettes and their fast movement. Sure they are daemons, but they are very good daemons non the less. Now I would take at least one unit of them.

Also you are going to want to take furies(a small unit of 6) to pick off some of the nasty warmachines that threaten your knights. You should also take about 3 units of 5 warhounds to screen the majority of your army from shooting.

You can do add whatever else you want. Though I would also suggest a nice unit of 25 marauders with shields and light armour.

Anything else you want to know or need help with, let me know
    Last edited by Kingkobra7221; April 8th, 2007 at 09:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're taking Chaos Warriors, then Halberds, Shields, and in a unit of 16 or so are a good choice (at 16 models, they can land 9 S5 WS5 attacks, and this is nasier when they're chosen - which can mark them as a bullseye for enemy shooting).

Spawn of Slaanesh are another excellent option, as their movement of 3D6" is worth their cost (and two can be taken as a single rare choice, which is pretty sweet).

And before I halt myself from rambling, a Lord or Exalted Champion is deadly with the Whip of Pleasure and when included in a unit (on foot if they're Marauders or Warriors wielding Great Weapons). They'd be striking first in every combat, even if wielding weapons that strike last (and it's a worthwhile benefit).

Experiment and see what suits you're style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkai_the_Wanderer View Post
    And before I halt myself from rambling, a Lord or Exalted Champion is deadly with the Whip of Pleasure and when included in a unit (on foot if they're Marauders or Warriors wielding Great Weapons). They'd be striking first in every combat, even if wielding weapons that strike last (and it's a worthwhile benefit).
    Why would the whip of pleasure have any affect on the unit the character is leading? It just makes him strike first.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread