Mixing armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mixing armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixing armies

Can you play hordes of chaos and still take entries from the beasts of chaos book, or are they totally seperate?..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Take a look at Beasts of Chaos, pg 51 "The Chaos General" - It tells you how the two armies work together.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Beasts and such would fill the Special slots in your HOC army. A Highly reccomended army composition I might add too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have the rule book for hordes and not the other, i will have to get it though..

Apparently beastmen are great skirmishers?

And with this book open for choices as well the sheer array of options open to a chaos general is , well, huge. It is going to take some time to sort out a viable yet interesting.

Any ideas?.

PS about that steering wheel, Its dead easy driving a car without one, Just use a monkey wrench!. When you,ve been to africa and seen the taxis you will know what i mean.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    PS about that steering wheel, Its dead easy driving a car without one, Just use a monkey wrench!. When you,ve been to africa and seen the taxis you will know what i mean.
    Har.

My favorites from BOC are the beast herds, the chaos ogres, and the dragon ogres. You can also have some fun with centigor, minotaurs, and beast chariots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say, if you tend to use a lot more foot sloggers than mounted, get some beast herds for god sakes. I have been flanked by these buggers so many times, even when I thought my Dwarven gun lines were near impregnable and was forced to commit my slayers extremely early. They will confuse the living hell out of your opponent, because not a lot of people have any idea what to do about them when tough troops that have been absorbing shot after shot of ammo, are already halfway across the board from their gun or bowlines. Also assault oriented armies like my maruader army have been torn to shreds just because they managed to flank one of my maruader units, which many can vouch for, is never never ever a good thing. It leaves them to wonder whether to mop em up, or continue their march for the enemy. IMO, great, during my revamp and converting of my elephant, I've been using them as troops and they rule (although i need to be just a bit more patient with them, ) good luck
    -JL

+ Reply to Thread