Questions about "Special" Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Queensland, Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

14 (x2)

Questions about "Special" Daemons

If this is in the wrong topic, I apologise. I have a copy of Hordes of Chaos, Beasts of Chaos and Storms of Chaos, and I've been wondering: I know that, in previous editions, Daemonic Cavalry & Chariots were availible to all Chaos forces (restricted by alignment, naturally) and that Chaos Champions of Nurgle could ride Daemon-Spawn of Nurgle.

However, when I look at the Daemonic Legion army list, it seems that these units are restricted to that army- am I reading this wrong, or not? I'm asking because the Mounted Daemonettes first appeared in an issue of White Dwarf and were described as being a Special unit choice with the Daemonic category, but in Daemonic Legion it seems that they're restricted to that army.

Any clarification you can provide would be appreciated. By the way, on a slightly similar topic, can you take the Hellcannon in other Chaos armies, or only if playing Archaon's Horde?

The Grand Necromagus of the LO Codex: Necromancers Design Team.

The Supreme Lance Leader of the Codex: Wasters Design Team.

Cruelty has a Human Heart
    And Jealousy a Human Face
    Terror, the Human Form Divine
    And Secrecy, the Human Dress

2. Remove Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Slightly below Join Date, just above Age
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

You've got the correct forum for the topic, no worries. Let's see what we can do for you.

Mounted Daemonettes are allowed in normal chaos armies by the white dwarf article, and the 2004 Annual book (I believe). No other SOC mounted, chariot, or character from SOC is allowed in a mortal, beast, or non-SOC daemonic army, to the best of my knowledge.

Hellcannon: pg 16 of SOC, just under the unit profile. I don't wanna spell out the details to avoid copyright violation, but the INcomplete answer is that mortal armies can have a hellcannon. be sure to check out those rules, there's more to the story here.

Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

+ Reply to Thread