Hellcannon (Rampaging & Loss of Crew) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellcannon (Rampaging & Loss of Crew)

When rampaging occurs due to loss of entire crew...does the Hellcannon only test for rampaging when an enemy and/or friendly unit are deemed to be within 12"?!

The rules for "loss of entire crew" and rampaging are as follows: "...The test for rampaging must be checked against all units, not just the enemy's..."

The way I understand the ruling is as follows: if there aren't any enemy and/or friendly units within 12" during the Compulsory Movement phase, the hellcannon does not test for rampaging; it just sits there.

Thanks for your input

Frank G
    Let the false gods burn!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by FGutierrez777 View Post
    When rampaging occurs due to loss of entire crew...does the Hellcannon only test for rampaging when an enemy and/or friendly unit are deemed to be within 12"?!

The rules for "loss of entire crew" and rampaging are as follows: "...The test for rampaging must be checked against all units, not just the enemy's..."

The way I understand the ruling is as follows: if there aren't any enemy and/or friendly units within 12" during the Compulsory Movement phase, the hellcannon does not test for rampaging; it just sits there.

Thanks for your input

Read the next phrase. Just under yours. Furthermore, it will move the 2D6 result towards the nearest unit even if it does not make contact with it.

Storm of Chaos Global Web Site - The Book
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats why i don't like the hellcanon any more
    If the crew are killed it will run around killing your whole army. lol.
    (

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

I am very sorry to hear that your Killing machine has a downfall. I really do.

If it can smash apart and Orcs and goblins aremyt in 2 turns of shooting, then it should have some sort of disadvantage. It's Chaos after all.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the answer I am looking for is whether or not the above statement holds true...
    Last edited by FGutierrez777; May 17th, 2007 at 01:51.
    Frank G
    Let the false gods burn!

is a Brother of Arterius Bleyden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I guess the answer I am looking for is whether or not the above statement holds true...
    Thats why Wolf Pack gave you a link to the pdf. The next sentence reads "If the unit (friend or foe) is not within the 2D6", the hellcannon moves that distance anyway". That wasnt word for word but thats what it means.
    Best Oxymorons:
    3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleyden View Post
    Thats why Wolf Pack gave you a link to the pdf. The next sentence reads "If the unit (friend or foe) is not within the 2D6", the hellcannon moves that distance anyway". That wasnt word for word but thats what it means.
    Oooookay...now I get it...I thought they were just refering to the exact moment the entire crew was lost...{goofy}

So no matter how far a unit is, the hellcannon moves 2d6 towards the nearest one for the rest of the game... That's kinda scary...

Now, I'm thinking is it really worth it?!

The only reason I take it is because I normally play a Khorne army (which means that I lose out on the Magic phase, in addition to the Shooting phase)...so I figure I'll at least take the hellcannon so I only lose out on the Magic phase and not both...plus, the chances of enemy units failing Terror tests and running off the table from the get go seems kinda appealing...:yes:

Sure many will say go Undivided so one can utillize a wizard, but I just love the fluff behind Khorne that I will never change...
    Last edited by FGutierrez777; May 17th, 2007 at 02:02.
    Frank G
    Let the false gods burn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

The Hell Cannon is the only way a khorne army gets a dispel scroll without fielding undivided units. It's a great advantage against lower leadership bases armies, you just want the terror from the shots.

It's not over the top cheese, but for 300 ish points you can get alot of nice units into your army. Furies, hounds, Marauder horsemen. These units can and will gve you more tactical options.

As a Khorne player, you do not missout on the magic phase. You participate defensively, much lie a dwarf would. You pretty much destroy your opponent's while not risking miscasts. You can bring 8-10 dispel dice to the table at 2000 points.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

No reason you can't include an undivided wizard in a Khorne army, aside from fluff. It is a legal choice, it just can't join a Khorne unit. I typically include a bray-shaman or two in my khorne armies as scroll bearer, give them a bray-staff and they are decent in CC also. But I'm not uber-concerned with fluff...

I like a hellcannon in my army to deal with gunlines, and concentrations of troops. It serves to disperse the enemy, allowing your superior CC troops to pick off the enemy one at a time. I think it is definately worthwhile, although it is technically undivided, so if you are being uber-fluffy you might not include it in a Khorne army either.

I typically field it on a flank by itself. It is nasty enough to take most units in CC. Last time I played against one, it destroyed a unit of hammerers, a dwarf lord, a gyrocopter and an organ gun in CC by itself. So if the enemy engages it, it is a blessing. If not, it can still destroy things nicely for you. Of course if it miscasts, it's not so great... but it IS a lot of fun.

cheers!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laaaast question...

Does a Hellcannon test for rampage during every single compulsory movement phase (from turn 1 to turn 6), or only if an enemy unit is deemed within 12"?!

Thanks everyone!
    Frank G
    Let the false gods burn!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast