chaos(tzeentch) vs. VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos(tzeentch) vs. VC

hello, well im back WHFB, and decided to start tzeentch, my friend plays VC... like some necros, 2-3 blocks of zombies and some black knight, and some wolves. how should i beat him??
    well you chaos tzeentch pro's give me some sugs now

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Playing VC can be hard! REALLY HARD IMO...
    You should ALWAYS make sure that you will WIN COMBAT, or you will autoflee, as he most likely will outnumber you (shouldn't even try to take that from him, as 20 warriors or 30 marauders are to expensive.
    Other then that, tell us some more: what do you have, how many points?
    Against what you are up against i have some pointers:

REMEMBER TO WIN COMBAT RESULT EVERY TIME!

Have something good for flank charge or rear charge on any zombie-combat you will enter. Most likely warhounds.

Black knights look very hard, but if they are charging headlong before the rest of the army, just soak up there damage with a big block of marauders, as you can easily win combat 2-3, and 2-3 25pts models will die. DON'T how ever let then cach your small units of flankers and the like!

KILL THE GENERAL. If his general (whom he is required to tell who is) dies, all his units will fall apart (Zombies will die so fast it'll make your head spin)! This can be achived by putting a chaos character (don't challenge just direct attacks) in base to base with the necromancer leading the army (can also be done by spell number 6 in the Tzeentch lore).

REMEMBER TO WIN COMBAT RESULT EVERY TIME!
    (Yes it is that important that I used capslock AND put it in there twice)

Get back to us with some details and we may help you further.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

E-M
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cebwj View Post

Have something good for flank charge or rear charge on any zombie-combat you will enter. Most likely warhounds.
    It's no good having low leadership hounds charge a fear causing enemy. I could see it happening if it's the combat the general is in, but other than that, I'd think marauder horsemen are the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by E-M View Post
    It's no good having low leadership hounds charge a fear causing enemy. I could see it happening if it's the combat the general is in, but other than that, I'd think marauder horsemen are the way to go.
    It is to expensive to have marauder horsemen in that low-point game when facing VC, he also needs some blocks of solid infantry. So he would just have his general in the middle of things so they can use the generals Ld.

Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play vampires and I know that if you were to take big blocks of warriors with 2 hand weapons he would be in alot of trouble. Also you had better pray you get the 5 on magic chart cause that will DESTROY him if hes using big blocks and most vampires will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by s0m3w0n View Post
    I used to play vampires and I know that if you were to take big blocks of warriors with 2 hand weapons he would be in alot of trouble. Also you had better pray you get the 5 on magic chart cause that will DESTROY him if hes using big blocks and most vampires will.
    Yes big blocks of warriors will result in a VERY expensive unit, who will be charged in the flank by direwolves and then will flee... at least if the VC play knows his army...

Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the points to spare a dispell scroll or two is nice, just don't waste'm....

+ Reply to Thread