Mixed marks in chaos army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixed marks in chaos army?

I have a Slaanesh chaos army and my wife has some painted Tzeentch figures she made (collected). Anyways, she wants to use these but my chaos warriors, knights, lord/champ on boob worm are all painted in a definite Slaaneshi style - she is wondering if it is possible to make a combined force with her Tzeentch figures.

This is how i think it works:
    1) In games of up to 2000 pts, if i have an undivided general (hero), i can have a Slaanesh hero (if i have at least 1 MOS unit) AND i can have a Tzeench champ hero if i have at least 1 MOT unit OR Tzeentch daemon unit (is this correct? - i am definitely not sure if a Tzeench daemon unit will count as a MOT unit) ??

2) In games of 2000-2999 I can only have Tzeentch chars and units if i take a Tzeench lord level char since i am only allowed one lord - if, on the other hand i have only a hero level undivided general (and go without a lord level char), i can still have a Slaanesh hero and a Tzeentch hero if i have at least one similarly marked unit for each. Correct??

3) In games of 3000 pts I can have 1 undivided lord as general, a Tzeentch lord if accompanied by at least 1 Tzeentch unit, and a Slaanesh hero char if accompanied by at least 1 Slaanesh unit. Correct?

~Sybaris Slaay

Last edited by Sybaris Slaay; June 21st, 2007 at 00:22. Reason: new understanding of rules (i think)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

1) In games of up to 2000 pts, if i have an undivided general (hero), i can have a Slaanesh hero (if i have at least 1 MOS unit) AND i can have a Tzeench champ hero if i have at least 1 MOT unit OR Tzeentch daemon unit (is this correct? - i am definitely not sure if a Tzeench daemon unit will count as a MOT unit) ??
    Correct bar the daemon unit bit.

Daemon units count as having the mark of their respective gods only so far as to restrict them to armies led by followers of their gods.

A character with a mark MUST have a unit with the same mark somewhere in the army.

2) In games of 2000-2999 I can only have Tzeentch chars and units if i take a Tzeench lord level char since i am only allowed one lord - if, on the other hand i have only a hero level undivided general (and go without a lord level char), i can still have a Slaanesh hero and a Tzeentch hero if i have at least one similarly marked unit for each. Correct??
    You don't have to forgo the lord level character if it is an undivided character AND if the hero level characters have a unit of the same mark.

Alternatively you can field all undivided characters and the units can take marks but can't be joined.

3) In games of 3000 pts I can have 1 undivided lord as general, a Tzeentch lord if accompanied by at least 1 Tzeentch unit, and a Slaanesh hero char if accompanied by at least 1 Slaanesh unit. Correct?
    Yup!

I love mixing marks myself, especially at lower points values where the different abilities can complement each other nicely.

As long as its technically correct its all good,

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Daemon units count as having the mark of their respective gods only so far as to restrict them to armies led by followers of their gods.
    I wouldn't say so. The chapter about the army general (HoC p.55) only mentions the chaos spawn as not being sufficient in regards for the need of marked units for marked characters.
    It says nowhere that a mortal character needs a mortal unit with the same mark (same goes for demonic)
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Orkbert View Post
    I wouldn't say so. The chapter about the army general (HoC p.55) only mentions the chaos spawn as not being sufficient in regards for the need of marked units for marked characters.
    It says nowhere that a mortal character needs a mortal unit with the same mark (same goes for demonic)
    This is my understanding also.

-Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kooshlord View Post
    This is my understanding also.

-Koosh

As is mine...

+ Reply to Thread