Could this (almost) all marauder list work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could this (almost) all marauder list work?

I decided to build a Viking themed chaos army some months ago, but I was forced to put the project down for a while as I had my big final exams at school. Now I have time and money to start this interesting project of mine, but I'm still not sure if it would work in game.

My plan is to use lots of marauders (on fot and mounted) a centigor unit and maybe a uinit of warriors (normal non marked). To counter war machines I will use ravens (furies) and my rare choices will be two norse berserkers (spawns) and some DoW archers (if I can find any).

My plan i to use a couple of big blocks of marauders in the centre possbly followed by hunters (beast herds). Then a couple of marauder horsemen and the centigors for a little more hitting power. I'm also tossing around the idea of using small units (12 models I think) of marauders woith flails. Not really expensive and really fragile, but they do hit kinda hard.

Does anyone know any archers from the DoW army list? The Kislev troops would fit perfectly, but for some reason I doubt they'd like to join my force.

In this case I don't care about the GW fluf still think it's really great). I already have a fluffy eldar army and I wanted to try something a bit special.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

And
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

being a scandinavian (and therefor part viking :sleep, -this sounds really interesting to me!

i myself am planning on making an army with marauders! i love the models, and ws4, and the lovely human profile :yes: You say that the flail-men are fragile, and yes. they're prone to shooting but a unit of 6 dogs in front of them will help. then if the dogs get charged, they can flee(they're only 36 pts.. who cares? ) and the failed charge of the enemy gives you a chance of charging with them, striking first with S5. of course the hounds must be angled a little, so they dont flee through your marauders, but still, it could work

i love that idea of "hunters". are you planning of using beast herds models or make your own human huntsmen? how do you intent of using marauder horsemen? im not sure how good they are..

if would be awesome, if you made a big marauder army, with, as you said, a warrior unit/maybe knights as the elite, and then lead by a sorceror lord. the idea sounds SO cool, and i have read about some1 who did the same you could add some bray-shamans for cheap magic users!

Two blocks of marauders are a good idea! 20-25 i would recommed! the warrior unit i dont know about though, cause with chosen they get really expensive, but anyway they are hardhitters and a small unit, maybe with shields and halbers, would be nice (about 10-12, of course in two ranks) the good thing about having two ranks with 6 each, is that you get more attacks in front rank and you can loose a single warrior and still having +1 rank bouns
    Im not sure if command on such a small unit is a good idea, apart from musician if they are fleeing - they could be a nice unit if combined with maybe a tuskgor chariot for flank attacks.. (or TWO )

The ravens you mentioned as furies, how do you intend on making those? would be cool if each furie was represented by a flock of black birds! kinda viking-like!

hope this have helped a bit , And
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Hell, I even just copied the name from And - so it's all his fault! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im pretty sure the only DOW bowmen wield crossbows. And i think that goes for regiments of renown too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think another idea you could look into is the beastmen. Im sure if you did some converting of mauradres or something you could come up with something human looking to represent them. Im not huge on history, but I dont imagin viking fought in perfect formation and a beast herd (given that there not realy beasts) would fit the fluff side of it.

Oh and my family were Vikings too :yes:

+ Reply to Thread