Musician Prince is champion of Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is musician Prince a champion of Slaanesh?

Recently i came to the realization thet the diminutive American musician known as Prince is a champion of Slaanesh. I did not just jump to this conclusion - it is one based on demonstrable evidence:
    First - look at how Prince dresses - he prefers articles of clothing that are flashy, pastel in color -- mostly pink, purple and the like.
    Second - many of his songs and videos deal with the fleshy delights commontly attributable to Slaanesh.
    Third - note Prince's androgynous look - this is a common feature of Slaanesh and his (its) avatars.
    Fourth - look at the symbol of Slaanesh and compare it with the symbol of Prince - there is an undeniable similarity betwixt the two - in fact, Prince was once known only by his symbol ("the artist formerly known as Prince").
    Fifth, and perhaps most probative of all, consider that the great Slaanesh is also known as "the Dark Prince."

For those of you who are thinking that I must be Prince's biggest fan - i assure you i am not. I play both Slaanesh chaos and Cult of Slaanesh armies - the fluff around Slaanesh really appeals to me, as do the color scheme, lore, among other things. Prince, the musician however, i do not like. I dislike his music, movies, wardrobe, voice - just about everything about him - excepting perhaps his taste in girlfriends.

Now, if you happen to really like Prince i am fine with that. Of course everyone has their own taste in music and all that. I do however believe that this similarities are just too uncanny to be mere coincidence.

Do you believe that GW was inspired by Prince?
    Do you believe that perhaps Prince was inspired by GW?
    or do you believe that the all pervading splendour of Slaanesh simply overtook the consciousness of an unwitting little man who happens to go by the name of Prince?

~Sybaris Slaay

Last edited by Sybaris Slaay; June 30th, 2007 at 02:39. Reason: clarity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

How come no-one else has responded to this post yet? Is it just buried within the depths of the Librarium forums and no-one has managed to find it?

(Incidentally, I don’t know how I managed to find it; I was doing a search for “base size” and your post doesn’t seem to mention either of those words. Oh well)

Anyway, back to the questions…

Prince being a minion of Slaanesh? I can see that, actually, I really can. Each of your five points makes sense – the luxurious and flashy clothing, the subject matter of the songs, the appearance…

I’m not entirely sure about the symbol; I don’t think I’ve actually seen Prince’s symbol, but I suppose it’s quite possible Prince and GW both drew on a common source for inspiration for their respective symbols.

I’d hate to say it, but I don’t think someone as ‘cool’ as Prince would have had much to do with Games Workshop… stranger things have happened, though!

I’d like to add another point to your proof; I believe one of Prince’s latest songs was titled ‘Black Sweat.’ Could this be a reference to the Black Ichors which often seem to flow in a Daemon’s veins?

Watch out for Prince’s next re-incarnation, when a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh claims his body as a host!

~ Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's it, I'm going to go find a "Prince" action figure and mount him on a huge base and he'll be my keeper of secrets...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Zarking Fardwarks, no!

Doublecheck your fluff, fiends. Prince is so-named because he is a daemon prince, standing in the greyspace between humaniti and daemoni. More dangerous than a greater daemon because he maintains his individuality instead of merely being a vessel of his master's will. And the Artist is definitely Individual, which in turn suggests that his nemesis could be a Bloodthirster named Legion (the antithesis of Individual).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... i had written that post as a humor piece but i too am now convinced! Perhaps i will find a garage sale or rifle through the $1 stacks at my local used record store to find some records of his.. then i can play them backwards to get Slaaneshi tactics or list hints. I do love the action figure-mounted on a base idea though

~Sybaris Slaay

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Slaay View Post
    Perhaps i will find a garage sale or rifle through the $1 stacks at my local used record store to find some records of his..
    The other option is to get a copy of his -=FREE ALBUM=-
    That plan seems to be rather Chaos-being like, sow confusion and unrest amongst the masses, and the authorities
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

New Slaaneshi spell: Purple Rain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyan View Post
    New Slaaneshi spell: Purple Rain.
    That's better than my idea for a new magic item: The Raspberry Beret.

I actually heard somewhere that Prince is an avid gamer, so maybe this idea isn't so far-fetched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, these are some great ideas folks! Ok, ok i will have a go at the 'new' spell and magic item then:

1) NEW SPELL - Purple Rain -- Casting value 8. Remains in Play. Range: 6" per caster level (measured as radius around caster). A heavy rain of a purple colored liquid from beyond time and space begins to fall steadily upon the battlefield. If any enemy unit or character within the range of the spell hits any model in the unit containing the caster with a ranged attack, the caster must make a leadership roll for each such successful ranged hit. For each ranged hit against which the caster makes a succesful leadership role, the ranged hit targets any models within a single unit or model chosen by the caster from those enemy units or characters within range. For each ranged hit against which the caster fails a leadership roll, such ranged hit may wound the caster's unit as normal and the attacker must roll to wound .

2) ITEM raspberry beret - Item cost 50. This arcane item may only be worn by casters proficient in the lore of Slaanesh. After each use use, roll D6 - on a roll of 7 the raspberry beret reduces the caster to a quivering pool of pulpy fruit puree thereby killing him/her dead. Once at the begining of each magic phase, the caster may use the raspberry beret at a power lever of 2D6 - if successful and not dispelled, the beret functions to double any range and hits of all spells thereafter cast within that magic phase.

3) NEW SPELL - black sweat -- ramains in play - casting value 11 - range is the unit strength of the enemy unit targeted - If sucessesfully cast, all models within the enemy unit become slathered in a black ichor of unearthly origin which takes D6 rounds to remove. This ichor (the 'black sweat') causes any models so slathered to move at 1/4 their movement rate rounded down and imparts -2 to leadership. In addition, the slathered unit causes terror to all units within range be they friend or foe - unless they are immune to psychology
    Last edited by Sybaris Slaay; September 18th, 2007 at 00:41. Reason: garbled post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update, i just looked on Wikipedia for Prince and i do not believe he actually has a song called "black sweat" so probably disregard that last one -- however, HE DOES HAVE AN ALBUM CALLED "chaos and disorder" (further proof of his daemonic origin) and just look at this pic of his symbol from an album of his at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagerince_holy.jpg - if that is not Slaaneshi i do not know what is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast