New To Game and Chaos is my army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New To Game and Chaos is my army

Well, We have ALOT of gunline's where were at. Dwarf and Wood Elf.

The rest is 1 Tomb King, 1 VC, 1 Skaven Zerg, and a Empire.

Im going with chaos, thats a "for sure", but i need some tactics and list that will go well against these armys.

Basic idea's are Khorne's with HellCannon. Heavy Meelee and able to disperse both large Zergs and line's. I cant see myself NOT playing hellcannon.

So, what would be a good composition. Some Chosen, Banner of Rage, Wolfs, Cannon etc?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been a chaos player for nearly 2 years and the one thing ive learned is your going to be outnumbered dont try to outnumber them becuase chaos wont go for hard hitting stuff like minotaurs,dragon ogers,chaos warriors,chaos chariot and there best unit chaos knights and for a hellcannon i say dont get it i have seen games were they kill your own army before they got near there opponent they can be realy good or realy bad but i would rather have some chaos knights instead if your going to be khorne take furies if undivided wich i am go for screamers (your aloud ever thing in the beast of chaos army book to be in your army they count as special minotaurs will be handy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sugest furies. they are poor over all troops but can tie up your opponents army for a little bit while you advance. also on that note i've found that deamon princes or exaulted deamons are great. they can fly into the opposing ranks and send the players units running in terror (well maybe not elves or dwarves but hey, forcing terror checks is always good) and kill any shooting units with ease.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I always think that if your up against mased gunlines the key thing is to make sure as many of your troops get to the enemy lines as possible (naturally) when you have got to his lines the shooting power is wasted, and missile troops are generally bad at CC- so id go for lots of high armour troops like chaos warriors or chaos knights, or fast units to tie up the shooting units and allow the rest of your army to get across the battlefield- ward saves are also very useful so magic standards etc that grant ward saves can be good choices

If you can get across largely unscathed then you shouldnt have any trouble winning- Chaos troops should always beat missile units- dwarfs are a possible exception but the good thing there is that they shouldnt be outnumbering you like most other armies will
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

You people and your lack of punctuation! It makes my eyes hurt.

Here's my thoughts:

Against dwarves and empire, you'll be facing a lot of shooting that ignores armor. So counting on chosen is a bad bet, they die just as quickly and lose you more points as they go.

Beast herds (from the BOC book) are a good bet against gunlines, as they are largely resiliant to shooting with their skirmisher and 'ungors die first' rules. And they are cheap enough to field large units. Watch out for the flame cannon and organ gun though.

Furies are good for killing dwarf war machine crews, outnumbering fear-causers are awesome! Watch out with daemon princes or exhalteds against dwarves, their runes make their war machines have magic attacks, which ignore your daemonic ward. Investing in the real ward save as a daemonic gift may be wise if you use a character daemon.

Khorne is good in moderation, but too much of it will get you killed against wood elves, who are often good at fleeing from charges/setting up countercharges. Slaanesh is good for ITP, which helps against shooting/fear effects. Nurgle would be handy against the undead, but less impressive against the gunlines.

Warhounds are very useful screens, and fast enough to be threats to war machines if they aren't targeted promptly.

The Hellcannon is EXCELLENT for dispersing gunlines, or concentrations of troops. They might as well name it the dwarf-killer (although great against empire also). Skaven won't like it much either. The undead will be less impressed though, they are immune to psych as an army.

Hope it helps! Cheers!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to write your army for you but this is how I'd do it.

Go for the hard centre approach with wolves as meat shields. Invest on a unit of 6 or so knights, 2 units of 6 marauder horsemen, and 2 exalted champs.

Knights go in the middle with the Hellcannon right behind. Flanking are the spear equiped M. horsies, each with a champ (geared towards extra attacks). These would have to be screened by several units of 5 warhounds. Dragging on the extreme flanks are lots of beastmen equipped/organised however you wish. Hellcannon supports the centre.

*edit* Above could be tactically un-sound. Depending on terrain, delpoy your cavalry on one flank and beastmen on another. H/C in teh centre supports the beastmen. This way half his army can't hit your core units.

Question .... If the champs were nurgle in a non-marked unit, would the M. horsemen cause a fear test on the charge?

Not mentioning furies because I see them as a given.

Hope this helps dude.
    Last edited by Ophanim; July 23rd, 2007 at 06:13.
    What is the most humane way to kill a lobster, in the fridge or with Michael Bolton music?

+ Reply to Thread