Starting wood elves - 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting wood elves - 2000pts

I have an Hordes of Chaos fantasy army, read the rulebook and played a couple of games.
    I enjoyed the game very much and decided to collect a 2000 points wood elves army.
    I would appreciate your help here.

1 * Alter Highborn @ 289 Pts
    Great Weapon; Light Armour; Enchanted Shield; Bow of Loren; Arcane Bodkins; Stone of the Crystal Mere

1 Branchwraith @ 165 Pts
    Magic Level 1
    Cluster of Radiants
    Murder of Spites

1 Spellsinger @ 140 Pts
    General; Magic Level 1
    Dispel Scroll
    Dispel Scroll

8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
    Musician
    10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
    Musician

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
    Musician

6 Wardancers @ 147 Pts
    Musician
    1 Bladesinger

5 Wild Riders @ 148 Pts
    Standard

6 Waywatchers

1 Treeman

Casting Pool: 4
    Dispel Pool: 5
    Models in Army: 71
    Total Army Cost: 1987

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

If you take the Helm of the Hunt and a normal shield in stead of the the Enchanted shield it will give you the same save plus the benefits of the Helm. Apart from that good list.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

I like your list - I'd recommend the same magic item swap that Skars already did, but aside from that I've got a similar list that I run at 2k, though I will sometimes swap the treeman for a unit of Wild Riders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm having doubts about the efficiency of the Waytwatchers. Do you think its worth to invest on them? Or it would be better to buy more wardancers or maybe something else?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Hehe

If you ask me they are not worth it. I am not a fan of waywatchers but others will disagree. I think you would be better off with more wardancers and the like.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

All comes down to what you're looking for in your army. If you're wanting a point-for-point ROI on the Waywatchers, it'll rarely happen, if ever. I end up taking them alot because I find them to be beyond cool, and a lot of fun to make my opponents sweat with. Sometimes they die early. Sometimes they accomplish almost nothing. But sometimes they assassinate generals. Whatever they end up doing, they always make Steve McQueen fight for his King of Cool crown.

+ Reply to Thread