2000pt Tree Spirit Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

2000pt Tree Spirit Army

Hi,

Have been thinking about starting a tree spirit Wood Elf army and have written up a rough list and am curious what people think about it

Lord

Treeman Ancient - annoyance of nettlings and murder of sprites

Heroes

Branchwraith lvl 1

Branchwraith lvl 1

Branchwraith lvl 1

Core

12 Dryads

12 Dryads

12 Dryads

12 Dryads

Special

4 Treen Kin

Rare

Treeman

I haven't got my army book with me atm however I have added a few different sprites to the Branchwraiths. 2 bound spells and the one that adds an extra dispell die.

I am just curious what peoples thoughts are.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Hi mate,

I'd drop one unit of dryads and make two 3 man treekin units, it would give you more flexibility.

Also, I'd give the murder of spites to one of the Wraiths and the Cluster of Radients to the Ancient.

Please get rid of the Annoyance off your Ancient. It will really annoy most of your opponents. The ancient is tough enough to survive without it. Give it to one of your Wariths.

Overall, Forest Spirit lists suffer from a little monotony. Have you thought about Wildriders?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Yeah, I have thought about Wild Riders, I knoe that they are pretty nice and the rules are quite nice too. I guess its more I love the models though for the tree spirits.

I know what you mean about Tree Spirits being a little monotonous, I guess its more a theme things which I am going for as much as gameplay. But I can understand what you mean also about the sprites so I might change the config around with them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    Please get rid of the Annoyance off your Ancient. It will really annoy most of your opponents. The ancient is tough enough to survive without it. Give it to one of your Wariths.
    Haha, but its such a good way to lose friends!

-BigPappa.
    Current Wood Elf Tourney List: 3/1/3

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

depends on what he's trying to do with it. If he's in a nasty tournament and the other guy has a prince on a star dragon, I'd sure like to have annoyance of netlings on my TA. Otherwise, I would put it on one of the branchwraiths. You can't go wrong with the cluster on the TA though. With two Treemen, I don't see you making many friends anyway. For a tournament, you'll get knocked for comp (most likely) but you may not care. Other than the modelling look, I personally don't see how you could play this army and have fun.

Hi, all my stuff causes fear/terror, it all moves 10 inches, is ItP and we stomp on everything or we roll bad and lose everything but our treemen.

The opponent either has flaming Str 8 bolt throwers or they don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

You are a power gamer!!!!

I've seen this guy that play the list regularily at my local GW store... the only time I've seen him lose is against a magic heavy army which he'll just go pop all over the place. Add that in with a few warmachines and the Treeman goes boom... one every turn.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

It was originally for theme... but if it is going to be that effective then I think that i might do something else a more balanced army...

+ Reply to Thread