Forest Spirit list 2250 ~ a little bit different - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Forest Spirit list 2250 ~ a little bit different

2249 total points
    Treeman Ancient, Cluster of Radiants
    lvl2 Glamourweave, Unicorn, Michief of Befuddlements, Scroll
    lvl2 Glamourweave, Unicorn, Scroll, Power Stone
    Wardancer Noble, Moonstone of Hidden Ways
    7x Wardancers Champ/Musician
    4x Treekin
    8x Dryads
    8x Dryads
    5x Glade Riders Musician
    5x Glade Riders Musician
    5x Wild Riders FC
    5x Wild Riders FC
    Great Eagle

Most of the army is a forest spirit, the army as a whole is very fast moving, and a little more combat oriented. This has a lot more magic than I usually do with 3 bound spells and 4 spells to cast (won't have to take the default always) There is very little shooting of which I'm kind of glad, since my shooting in all my Wood Elf games has been dismal at best. I'll just have to push hard to get into combat early and often. The treekin were maximized to increase attacks and survivability as well as draw fire from the treeman and wild riders hopefully. Wardancers will teleport turn 1-2 and get in position to flank or disrupt the enemy line in preparation for the wild rider and tree attack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If you can time your combats and get multi-charges, you'll kick butt. With superior mobility, you should cause a lot of problems.

I like the list. If you try it, let us know how it plays.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

First of all, It's called befuddlement of mischiefs.

Also, I don't quite think the M10 of the unicorns is worth the price you pay for them.

This may be just personal preference, but i think 4 tree kin will be a bit unwieldy.

VERY nice list though. fast and hitty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Unicorns also provide MR and a few other bonuses.

They make the mages nasty in combat.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

thanks for the replies. I'm going to try this list in a couple of weeks (if I get tired of my present list) I figured, most of the shooting will go towards the slower, but more scary Treekin and Treemen. The GR and WRwill run the flanks and get ready to flank attack. All the way up, I'll try to treesing the woods for protection and to narrow the gap, so that when I'm ready (turn 3-4 hopefully) I'll be able to charge with most everything. I think it will have trouble with empire cannons/dwarven flaming boltthrowers (but most tree heavy armies do anyway) Everything else, I'm hoping to be able to deflect.

I've found the WR can bounce off of things (just like anycav unit) and get stuck, hopefully with a few extra attacks on the pounce, they'll be able to break units better (hence the unicorns ~ unicorns also provide MR 2 so really the only thing that can be magicked effectively is the treekin/treeman/dryads, which are more resilient anyway. Plus, having the glamorweave makes my mages a bit more protected. I know it's expensive, but I can't stand Eternal guard armies. I like the movement, but I'm not paying for M10) Moonstone is so that the wardancers can get across the table quicker - only played with these guys twice, and having a hard time getting them into combats like I want (which is why I've been hesitant to take them before)

I've put in a 4th treekin (which is not really that more unwieldy than 6 wide cav especially after playing minotaur/dragon ogres) to mainly, absorb shooting and hopefully, when I charge, have a full complement of attacks. These guys are remarkably durable. I've taken charges from fully ranked orcs, hero-led cav units and charged into fully ranked units with them and had them hold up fairly well. Ideally, I'll use them for the front or to keep the enemy from turning to face my Wild riders. When in combination with a flank charge, there's reallly nothing that hold up against our wood elves. I believe, we have the fastest standard army in the game, since Brets and HE are both effectively M8 now.

If you have any suggestions about the wardancer hero, I would appreciate them. Like I said, Wardancers aren't my forte yet, and I'm trying to find a reliable setup. He doesn't quite have the protection I would like without any armor, and sometimes, a weak wardsave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Hmm, looks like you've found a very good use for the unicorn. Just be careful to keep them away from the uber challenge characters. Since you don't have a rank to hide behind, the Mage HAS to accept challenges, and will probably die. If you can keep them away from those types though, you should be good to go.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to charge with GR unless it's something VERY vulnerable, like a chariot's flank.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by arishnakoger View Post
    Hmm, looks like you've found a very good use for the unicorn. Just be careful to keep them away from the uber challenge characters. Since you don't have a rank to hide behind, the Mage HAS to accept challenges, and will probably die. If you can keep them away from those types though, you should be good to go.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to charge with GR unless it's something VERY vulnerable, like a chariot's flank.
    I could see them taking out warmachine crews and hitting the flank of a unit. I figure with a big unit of treekin and a treeman coming up the middle, the enemy can either turn to the flanks to face my wildriders and glamorweaves and wardancers, or face the treekin and treeman and get flanked by said units. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
    I'm taking this army up against my friends HE army on Thursday. I didn't make the list specifically for this army, but if I can draw or even beat his army, then it would be an accomplishment (he plays well and it's a tough list)
    It has :
    Prince lvl 1, sword of might, Helm of fortune
    lvl2 scoll, seer
    lvl2 ring of fury, silver wand
    Noble, great wpn, armor, reaver bow
    dragon princes full command, warbanner, magic attacks amulet
    2 big blocks of spears
    15 strong swordmasters banner of sorcery
    10 strong archers/seaguard
    reaver fast cav
    grt eagle and 2x RBT

this list has tons of magic (3x 5+ward spell, at least 2 fury of khaines, stubborn spell)
    great shooting, and good combat units.

+ Reply to Thread