2000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 point list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point list

Ey all i am playing wood elves for some time now and would like to have some thoughts on my list since i feel like i am missing something.

Unnamed2000 Pts - Wood Elves Army
    1 * Wardancer Highborn
    General; Wardancer; Wardancer Weapons
    Blades of Loec
    Amber Pendant
    Annoyance of Netlings

1 Wardancer Noble
    Wardancer; Wardancer Weapons
    Blight of Terrors

1 Wardancer Noble
    Moonstone of the Hidden Ways

1 Wardancer Noble

1 Treeman

10 Wardancers
    Wardancer Weapons

1 Treeman

9 Wardancers
    Wardancer Weapons
    1 Bladesinger
    Wardancer Weapons

10 Glade Guard
    Longbow
    10 Glade Guard
    Longbow
    10 Glade Guard
    Longbow

Casting Pool: 2
    Dispel Pool: 2
    Models in Army: 56

Total Army Cost: 1994

I use my wardancers as backup for my treeman so basicly i have 1 group of Treeman+wardancers on each side of the table.(usually i play with some woods on the side for cover). In the middle the 3 units of glade guards in a long line.
    Would like to get some of your thoughts on this list. (feel free to give the list a beating )

Last edited by Vendrass; January 3rd, 2008 at 14:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

against magic heavy or shooty heavy armies you'll have problems.

Usually magic heavy armies can burst thru MR1 ( you only have 2 DD to start, which can be used fairly early in the magic phase)

Shooty armies are going to have something to blow your treeman up with (cannons, bolt throwers) and usually hide back in a corner out in the open with massed, ranked units all packed together. You can't get rid of ranks, and will lose a few wardancers each time you try to cross the field. If you fluff on your attacks, you could lose to combat res. Your heroes are nasty in combat, but can die pretty easy as the only thing they have for protection is WS and a 4+dance which can only be used every other turn.
    I'm mainly thinking about dwarves, HE and Empire giving you fits, but most other armies you could probably run over with this list. O&G could also give you problems now that I think about it. fanatics and chariots and wardancers don't mix but your glade guard ought to be able to help you out there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Its an interesting list. I to think magic could be your downfall. It could take some time for you to get across the board, and you could lose alot before you get there. My other comment would be that the amber pendant on a wardancer seems redundant to me. You have a dance that lets you go first if you really need to, and with the netlings you shouldn't be too concerned about going second.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I think dropping one of the nobles for a Spellsinger with some dispel scrolls could make this a nasty list.

You have enough shooting to give pause to most enemy units and you have a large amount of go-forward assault elements.

To be honest I would drop the highborn to get more Wardancers.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Two treemen and two units of wardancers as the only combatants. I'm not so sure I'd have confidence in the list. You're really relying on the wardancers to pump out wounds to win combats, and we all know they can do that, but I've also had my wardancer's dance turn sour. It's the price of trucking with Loec, I suppose.

Three terror causers gets redundant. Any enemy unit taking a terror test does so only once per game. After that, it's just fear. One or two terror causers will probably force all the tests you're going to get.

Giving one of the nobles the spite to make his unit's attacks magical would make for a nasty surprise against demons and ethereal units.

Too little magic defense. Once your army dispel dice are gone, the wardancer's magic resistance isn't going to be enough to hold up.

I think the highborn's kit is overdone. He's going to go first most of the time anyhow, unless you've goofed up and taken a charge. The pendant gets a lot of its effect when the character's not in a challenge and up to three models in base to base with him don't get to go first. In a challenge, his initiative is going to win out most of the time.

Overall, I'd want more magic defense, and I'd drop a treeman for some more units.

Treemen being stubborn on an 8 isn't going to hold up as often as you'd like.

What are you noticing as being difficult in your games? What's not working for you?

By the way, 30 archers, I love it. I use that many and they almost always do significant damage. Regardless of damage, they always play a role.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank for all the advice, i think i will drop a noble or 2 for some mages to dispel the first 2 turns. And mabey tone down on some magic items and the terror spite (since the treeman who is near also has it). Maby some wild riders for some fast engagement. For those who want to know how this list usually works out for me;

I can keep my treeman and my wardancers safe for one turn (hiding in forests) after that they get shot at for 1 turn (they get into combat the turn after). My wardancers charge the flank if they can, otherwise the front. with my lord and nobles and the 2 other wardancers that get into combat and the dance with the extra attack i pump out a nice 21 attacks with the lords and heroes and another 7 with the regular wardancers. This is more than enough to kill the front row and revieve 0 attacks back and win combat.
    Since my wardancers start from the sides of the table this usually makes them persue in to the next unit.

So the problem for me was not to survive combat but getting into it, i will try out some of the things you have suggested and hope for a better outcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

4 Wardancer characters is a little overkill IMO. I only run one @ Noble level and she does more then enough for me. If I were you I would drop 2 of these and get some magic defense. Take a Branchwraith with a Cluster of Radients (sp?) and a Lv1/2 Spellsinger scroll caddy, it's up to you on the magic level but I usually take that Lv2 for the extra spell just to see what I get. A lot of people will disagree which is fine but it's something that works for me and it might work for you. 5 DD and 2 Scrolls is more then enough if you play it right. Another thing to consider is getting some Dryads, they're the bread and butter of a Wood Elves army and will put out a hurtin on the enemy. With a stat line like they have and for the cost that they are you really can't go wrong, they're pretty sick. And one last thing to consider is dropping the Highborn Wardancer and replacing her with an Alter Highborn armed with a LA, Shield, GW, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, and Helm of the Hunt or Amber Pendant (depends on which one you want to use, either of them do pretty decent but it's up to you). This angry little Elf will rain havoc on the enemy and is outstanding at taking out heavily armored troops ie. Chaos Knights and other such units. Good luck with your army.
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread