2000pt list for review - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt list for review

Hello all,

I've been out of the game for about a year now, and deciced it's time to pwn again
    I've got a game vs a beastmen army (possibly tzeentch based with lost of herds).
    So here's my counter-army:

* Wood Elf Highborn @ 248pts
    The Bow of Loren
    Starfire Arrows
    Glamourweave
    Light armour
    Enchanted Shield

* Wood Elf Noble @ 139pts
    Scout Kindred
    Hail of Doom Arrow
    Talisman of Protection
    Light armour
    Shield

* Spellsinger @ 175pts
    Lvl 2
    Dispel Scroll x2

* Spellsinger @ 150pts
    Lvl 2
    Dispel Scroll

* 10 Glade Guard @ 126pts
    includes a musician

includes a musician

includes a musician

* 6 Scouts @ 102pts

* 16 Dryads @ 192pts

* 10 Wardancers @ 194pts
    includes a champion

* 10 Wild Riders @ 321pts
    includes a musician, standard bearer, champion and War Banner

* 2 Great Eagles @ 100pts

Total: 1999pts
    Casting Dice: 6
    Dispel Dice: 4
    Models: 78

Last edited by Jaaktrekaak; January 9th, 2008 at 22:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

First I would like to say hello fellow tree hugger! But second would be for you to edit your post and take out all the upgrade costs, it is against forum rules.

As far as your army list goes however, I would say that it look pretty good. I have yet to go real shooty (which is kinda ironic), just a lot of magic w/ CC. However, I would say that what I suggest is drop that scout squad to 5 men, split the dryads into two groups of 8 w/ Branch Nymphs in each. I used to do large squads for endurance reasons but it ended up being a lot of wasted points since only 50% of them got to attack. Also, flanking is not an option for WE close combat, it is a REQUIREMENT. Thus two squads are better than one. Also, I understand that the WR are going to be countering some of the effects of standard and rank bonus but personally, I don't charge them for anything less than side and so I never take a SB, so let me know how that goes, cause that could be real nasty for break tests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played my first game (1500pts) last thursday and used 2x8 dryads with a nymph and found that in combat it was not really good tbh. Always lost combat with 3-4 (ranks, banner, outnumbering) or maybe it was just my own fault for using them to front charge, so i might just give the 2x8 with nymph another try though. And still thinking about what to do with the great eagles though, have to be within 8" to prevent marching but herds are skirmishers and charge 10", so that won't do me any good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

As far as Great Eagles go, I have seen them very effective at getting behind the lines of rank and file troops. They have to deal with this some way, either by putting some skirmishers back there or re-orienting their troops, otherwise they will have Eagle biting their butt. Either way, this seriously exposes their flank or rear, which is really good for your troops to go and charge in. Really, eagles are there to bait people into doing stuff that will set up great situations (and are near impossible to catch), not really for combat. What you might think about doing is putting that Highborn on an eagle and see him harass the crap out of your opponent, who can't touch him.

And yeah, remember that flanking is the only way Wood Elves can win. If you ever play any other army, heck, even looking at their codex and point cost, will tell you this. So be shifty, be cunning, be annoying, make your opponent so mad that you wont come out and face him like a man (and you shouldn't cause your an elf ) because that is the only way you will win.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaktrekaak View Post
    I played my first game (1500pts) last thursday and used 2x8 dryads with a nymph and found that in combat it was not really good tbh. Always lost combat with 3-4 (ranks, banner, outnumbering) or maybe it was just my own fault for using them to front charge, so i might just give the 2x8 with nymph another try though. And still thinking about what to do with the great eagles though, have to be within 8" to prevent marching but herds are skirmishers and charge 10", so that won't do me any good.
    dryads aren't supposed to charge a fully ranked unit. No skirmisher or WE is supposed to do that (except maybe a treeman ancient) No WE unit is supposed to charge anything unless supported by friendlies in the flank or rear. We're not built that way. Combined charges is where it is at. You don't really have a close combat army here anyway. None of you units except perhaps the wild riders can fight. Personally I think the wild riders should be split up. That's too expensive for a unit you're counting on to outnumber and have run. Split them in 2 units of 6 each or just run with 1 unit of 6 with warbanner. Your scout kindred will get killed in a hurry if you scout him, so just drop the scout kindred or make him an alter kindred and add the helm of the hunt instead of the talisman (worthless to try to roll a 6) Maybe you're trying to march block, but as soon as you show yourself, you're getting green fire in the face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated list a bit following the replies:

* Wood Elf Highborn @ 248pts
    The Bow of Loren
    Starfire Arrows
    Glamourweave
    Light armour
    Enchanted Shield

* Wood Elf Noble @ 124pts