3500 Ard Boyz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3500 Ard Boyz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

3500 Ard Boyz

So this is a list for the Ard Boyz tourney through GW. Big lists, cheese 'em out, go for the gold.

It's against the grain, but I think it could do well.

Spellweaver, Lore of Beasts, lvl 4, general, power stone, wand of wych elm, gwyntherc's horn
    Spellweaver, Lore of Life, lvl 4, 2 dispel scrolls, one power stone, the divination orb
    Branchwraith, Cluster of Radiants
    Spellsinger, lv 2, Deepwood Spehere
    Noble, BSB, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow
    Noble, not sure...can't find list!

30 archers, musicians
    7 scouts, musicians33
    dryads x 8
    dryads x 8
    Glade Riders x 6

Wild Riders x 6, full command, war banner
    Treekin x 3
    Warhawks x 3
    Wardancers x 7, full command
    Wardancers x 7, full command

Treeman
    Treeman
    Eagle

The magic is actually rather potent. 13 or so power dice. Two bound spells. 4 attempts at treesinging, if there are trees to be had. 9 dispel dice that can be rerolled, scrolls, and magic resistant units.

Treemen with a rerollable stubborn. Shooting, attack units. Long range for super shooty armies.

I think it's potentially very nasty, and a big surprise to be casting spells from Lore of Beasts and Life, which gives me a lot of versatility against a lot of armies.

Thoughts?

Unused units: 33 eternal guard, 3 treekin, 2 glade rider models, a wild rider noble, a noble on eagle, a war dancer noble, and I think that's it

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think a Wild Rider Noble would be nice, exspecially for help with breaking your oppenants flank.

This army is going to be very nasty. Even I would want to avoid it or join it.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Two Treemen... and a BSB... *cries* You would have lost a bit of respect there, but it is at 3.5K so i guess i can let you off

On a more general note, FC on the small units seems odd. Mainly due to my usual point of '100Vpts if the enemy captures banners'.

Ofcourse im no WE expert. I have played against them a lot, but never with. Those 2 Lv4 Mages could work very nicely together.

Id say look at boosting the Treekin to 4 strong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Two Treemen... and a BSB... *cries* You would have lost a bit of respect there, but it is at 3.5K so i guess i can let you off

On a more general note, FC on the small units seems odd. Mainly due to my usual point of '100Vpts if the enemy captures banners'.

Ofcourse im no WE expert. I have played against them a lot, but never with. Those 2 Lv4 Mages could work very nicely together.

Id say look at boosting the Treekin to 4 strong.
    But then I'd have one grey treekin and three brown ones. Or three grey and one brown. It offends my sense of battlefield aesthetics. :rofl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    On a more general note, FC on the small units seems odd. Mainly due to my usual point of '100Vpts if the enemy captures banner.
    David only has 2 banners in this entire army. One with the Wild Riders and the is the BSB.

Wardancers can't take banners, which really sucks. They can only have a champion and musician. I suppose not having a banner kinda balances out a wardancers power but they would rock hard with a banner.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Ahh ok. I just kinda assumed FC = M + SB + C everywhere. In which case, just the WR banner to be contested then. Do they really need it? They are awesome as it is, id say remove it, just incase they run from combat at any point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Phoenix Ahh ok. I just kinda assumed FC = M + SB + C everywhere. In which case, just the WR banner to be contested then. Do they really need it? They are awesome as it is, id say remove it, just incase they run from combat at any point.
    Yeah, they really need it. Going against many ranked up units, you really need to break them on the charge. You don't want to get stuck in combat where other units can then get in on the action, as you will probably lose. Getting the plus two really helps alot.

With wild riders it is recommended by most to have a standard bearer and the warbanner on the unit.

SirKently

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Yeah, the war banner is the only banner in the army. I debated it for a long time, but it's saved my butt so many times. Today alone it meant three won rounds of combat against minotaurs.

+ Reply to Thread