2000pts first list with LRB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

2000pts first list with LRB

okay, so i walked away from my Wood Elves after the new edition came out. I played a skirmisher/fast cav army, and loved it to death. But, whith the new rules, that list got nerfed IMO. Recently though, I've been dismayed at how 'routine' HE are becoming and how 'finally done' my empire army is. So I've returned. This is the basic list I came up with though.

High Born: 284
    -ak, gw, la, BoL, Arcane Bodkins, amber pendant

Lv2 Spellsinger: 175
    -calignor's stave, dispell scroll

Lv2 Spellsinger: 175
    - deepwood sphere, dispell scroll

(two units) 15 EG: 192pts each
    standard bearer

(two units) 10 GG: xxx

(three units) 11 Dyrads: xxx

5 Wild Riders: 198pts
    standard, banner of dwindling

5 Wild Riders: 148pts
    standard bearer

exactly 2000pts
    6 PD, 4DD +2scrolls

this is my first shot at an 'actual' wood elf list. My plan is to use the large dryad units as screens around the tough core of my EG. The GG will force the enemy in towards me, or cover the advance, while my Wild Riders work alongside for flank charges. Comments and criticisms welcome. :drinking:

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Just a couple of issues with your list. First, you have 2 units of EG, but no leader to put in them to make them stubborn. I can't see them being able to hold up anything.

For the spellsingers, I would consider giving one of them the befuddlement of mischiefs spite. You don't have a treeman, and the extra bound spell can pull out dispel dice.

I would also drop the dryads down to 8 or 9. 11 is a little too big.

Wild Riders I find work better in units of 6, and I would give one of them the warbanner.

That is my opinion.

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Sirkently. Eternal Guard without a noble/highborn wont do you much good. I'd also drop the dryads to 8 or 9, that way you can pump up the wild rider groups to 6 each with a warbanner on one. And maybe change one spellsinger to a lvl 1 branchwraith with a cluster of radiants. I've played alot with 2 spellsinger at lvl 2 and tbh, they don't do that much. Nowadays i just use a lvl 1 spellsinger (scrollcaddy) and a lvl 1 branchwraith and focus on magic defense primarly.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

First of all, thank you guys for helping me get off the ground. I took alot of your stuff into account and made some changes to the original list. It still doesn't feel 'done' yet, it's not comfortable like my HE or Empire.

High Born: 284
    -ak, gw, la, BoL, Arcane Bodkins, amber pendant

Lv1 Spellsinger: 140
    -dispell scroll, dispell scroll

Lv1 Branchwraith: 165
    - befuddlement of mischiefs, cluster of radiants

(two units) 15 EG: 204pts each
    standard bearer, eternal

(two units) 10 GG: xxx

(three units) 10 Dyrads: xxx

6 Wild Riders: 224pts
    standard, banner of dwindling

6 Wild Riders: 174pts
    standard bearer

1995pts
    4 PD, 4DD +2scrolls

Alright, I decreased the number of dryads in each unit to 10. I want to keep the units big, because I envision my small blocks of troops being sourounded by Dryads. I did add in the Branchwraith however, and decreased my spellsinger to a scroll-caddy. The Wild Riders have become units of 6, and the EG gained Eternals (had left over pts)
    Anyways, I understand the desire to put another character into the army to add to the Eternal Gaurd, but I don't know what to cut out to get the room. And I understand that EG aren't the best at CC, but they are the best option we've got that can rank up. If there is a unit that would make a better anvil, please, argue your case. Until then, I will concede that the EG just aren't stubborn, but they're the best I can get.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Personally, I am not a big fan of EG. They work great at what they do, but are such a huge point sink to maximize there setup, that you end up with a great anvil, and not enough hammers. That being said, if they fit your style, then go for it. I would suggest though that you combine them into one unit 20 strong and use the points for a BSB with oaken armour to optimize them as much as possible in your setup.

As for a better anvil, I like a treeman. Great stat line, terror causing, strangleroots, whats not to love.

As for the dryads, screening is good but I think 10 per unit is large. You are only two dryads away from being able to make 4 units of 8. Combining the EG into one unit should get you the points to do it.

For the branchwraith, I think that An Annoyance of Netlings, or A Murder of Spites would be better than the Michiefs. You don't have enough magic to get many spells through, and I think it would be better to try to keep her alive.

Another thing to look at would be trying to fit a great eagle into the list. You really don't have much in the way of bait and flee units.

There is my two cents,
    Good Luck,
    SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for me, I need to agree in some points with Sirkently, make the 2 units of EG into one with a BSB, I am a big fan of EG and almost always include one of them. But then they are 20 strong, with a char to make them stubborn, I also give the EG the banner of dwindling and the WR the Warbanner, the EG coupled with a flank charge of one of you're Wild riders will win almost every fight. For the dryads, please make them 4 units of 8, they can still perform the task you have given them, only they cost less VP to the enemy when destroyed. Dryads just perform the best in units of 8.
    -Asrai Archer

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

I was bored today, so I played with making a list that you may enjoy. I wanted to see how I could fit everything you like in, so here goes.

Highborn: Alter, LA, Shield, GW, BoL, Arcane Bodkins, Amber Pendant

Noble: BSB, Oaken Armour

Spellsinger: Lvl1, dispel scroll x2

Branchwraith: Lvl1, Cluster of Radiants, Annoyance of Netlings

Core:

Glade Guard: 10-incl musician

Glade Guard: 10

Dryads: 8

Special:

Eternal Guard: 20-incl Standard, Musician

Wild Riders: 6-incl Standard, Musician

Wild Riders: 6-incl Musician

Rare:

Great Eagle: 1

PD: 4
    DD: 5 + 2 scrolls

What would you think of this list? You can get some banners either by dropping a unit of dryads or the eagle.

Hope this gives you some ideas,

SirKently
    Last edited by sirkently; March 15th, 2008 at 17:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sirkently: maybe it is nice if you add how every unit performed...:happy:

+ Reply to Thread