2000 pts Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Friendly

I've been having trouble with the list and kept on changing it recently frequently. My friends i play with have a wide range of armies. Armies i play most against recently are Tomb Kings, Dwarves, Orgs and Goblins, Ogre Kingdoms and Skaven.

Characters:
    Highborn:
    Alter kindred, Great Weapon, Light Armor, Shield
    Bow of Loren, Arkane Bodkins, Amber Pendant

Noble:
    Alter kindred, Great Weapon, Light Armor, Shield
    Hail of Doom Arrows, Helm of the Hunt

Spellsinger lvl1:
    Dispel Scroll x2

Branchwraith lvl1:
    General
    Cluster of Radiants, Annoyance of Netlings

Core:
    Dryads x8
    Dryads x8

Glade Riders x5:
    Musicant

Special:
    Wardancers x8:
    Champion, Musicant

Wild Riders x6:
    Champion, Musicant, Standard

Rare:
    Treeman
    Treeman

Reason why i decided to post this, is that i can't seem to be able to beat that Tomb Kings list no matter what i do. He plays with full magic levels, Screamingskull Catapult, Casket of Souls, some charriots, Tomb Guard block, 2 Tomb Scorpions, Skeleton block and some light cavalry.

For 2 first rounds i use my scrolls to prevent Caskets effects and hope his catapult doesn't hit anything important and take down his support units as fast as possiple. His characters are mostly hidden in his big blocks, which are nearly imossiple to get down apart from killing blows of my Wardancers. Other thing that causes me a headache are those Tomb Skorpions, might be my bad luck with dices as i can't seem to be able to get em down unless i wait them to come from underground. Usually the game ends with his Tomb Guard block and Skeleton block alive, and his characters there still alive and maybe one Scorpion. As for me, i've got some models here and there and Treemen are usually standing aswell, if i've managed to roll well enough for their Ld rolls.

I'd be happy to get some suggestions, how to alter this list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I would say that having 2 treemen really limits your choices in units. I would suggest dropping on of them, and getting 2 units of 10 archers, a warbanner for the wild riders, and with the left over points, upping one of your dryads to a branchnmyph. I would start with this and adjust to your style.

As for beating the TK, have you tried a completely different list. What about having a lvl4 spell weaver as your general. Wand of Wych Elm is great against heavy magic. Not great against dwarves, but against your other opponents it could work wonders.

Good Luck,
    SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triwd out few tactics and your suggestions aswell, but can't still seem to be able to do anything against the Tomb King player and have same problem with Vampires. Tried to leave the other treeman and trying the suggestion but no matter what i do, those guys just keep coming back alive and without another stubborn unit, i just get overrun at some point when i lose the combat resolution. Think it's just the lack of the experience playing against fear immune units, bad luck and the greatness of the generals of those arimies.

Would like to try playing with Spellweaver, but i've got no actual experiance of playing magic heavy list, and always relied on my alters and treemen and would appriciate tips considering this list and changing the characters to be more magic orientated and tactical help.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

That is a really small army.

Having 2 Treemen and 4 characters really limits you.

Tomb Kings are a tough one for Wood Elves but I am not sure you are going about it the right way. I would reduce your characters and treemen and get more units.

Dryads are great against them but wild riders really hurt them, being Undead they cannot flee from a charge so they can't bait you. However, you can bait them.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread