Beginner looking for help - army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beginner looking for help - army list

Hi I just started wood elves and have only play 2 small 1,000 pts games. Soon I will be playing 2,000 pts and was wondering what people thought of my list. Also was wondering any tips poelpe have for me. Thanks in advance8Y

alter hero, light armour, sheild, great weapon,
    helm of hunt, hail of doom arrow

wild rider hero, stag, spear of minus 1 to hit me back (sorry cant remeber name),

spellsinger, 2 scrolls,
    spellsinger, scroll, cluster of radiants

10 archers, musician
    10 archers, musician
    5 glade riders, musician
    8 dryads
    8 dryads
    7 wardancers, champion
    7 wardancers, champion
    5 wild riders, standard bearer, musician, champion, war banner
    5 wild riders, standard bearer, musician
    5 waywatchers
    great eagle

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On your Wild Rider Noble, I'd consider the Killing Blow Spear or Oaken Armor.

Love the Alter Noble...I've yet to play a game without that setup.:happy:

I personally love Warhawk Riders and would drop either a unit of the Wardancers or Wild Riders in favor of them.

I also love Waywatchers and the Great Eagle. I try to take 6 instead of 5 though, so I can lose one and still have US5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ------------------------------
    Wood Elves Record (since i started counting)
    Below 1000pts: 1-0-0
    1000 - 1999pts: 5-2-2
    Above 2000pts: 7-1-0

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

the other problem is - your second spellsinger can't take cluster of radiants. It's only for branchwraiths and treemen ancients.

I too would take something to help protect your WR noble. there are so many ways nasty armies have always strike first, so if he's got protection (oaken armor) at least he can challenge and still hit the guy with a regular spear. Stone of Crystalmere is also another cheap protection, but then he can't afford any of the magic spears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed you dont have a Lord choice? Only 4 Heroes.

If you can skim some points around, maybe take the Alter Highborn with Arcane Bodkins/Bow of Loren combination? (for those pesky highly armored units)

Or perhaps drop one of the spellsinger for a Spellweaver w/Wand of the wych elm (So you've got that dispel ability you were looking for with the Cluster of Radiants, but as buckaro0 said, Only branchwraiths and Treeman Ancients can take those)

Otherwise, I'd say it looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'd have to agree on taking a lord. At 2k I tend to take either the Bow of Loren/Arcane Bodkins Alter or a Treeman Ancient if you're willing to drop the eagle. Then take the
    Warhawk Riders I mentioned before ;Y

I didn't even notice you had tried to put CoR on a Spellsinger. That could also be put on the Treeman Ancient along with AoN which makes for a nasty fighter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ------------------------------
    Wood Elves Record (since i started counting)
    Below 1000pts: 1-0-0
    1000 - 1999pts: 5-2-2
    Above 2000pts: 7-1-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably the only thing I would do diffrent is try to work a treeman in there he is the muscle of the WE army and you can't beat TWO treesinging spells from him each turn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i like to take the vet upgrade for my dryads, as they have a bigger base then most units its nice to get that extra attack in there. Just MHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would swithch the spellsinger with CoR, for a lvl 1 branchwraith with CoR.
    I also would change tha alter noble in an alter HB w/BoL arcane bodkins and Glamourwave. You should see the face of you're oppenent when you shoot three( with a bit of luck) Chosen Chaos Knights/Dragon Princess/ etc.;Y../believe me it's FUN!]

IMO, I think you should take the WR noble away and an unit of WR, that way you save about 219pts (I've calculated the alter upgrade with it), wich you could spend in various ways:
    - add another unit og 10GG and an unit of 8 Dryads
    - add an unit of 3 Warhawks, and an unit of 8 Dryads
    - add the almighty treeman, and take the waywatchers away (leaves you with 54pts left)
    - etc.
    As you can see, a lot of options available, didn't post everyone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I'd say go for the highborn in this case. The treeman ancient is a machine, but alters just mess with people's heads for some reason maybe the just can't grasp the fact that a squishy wood elf is running around on his own... but back to the point have you cosidered sticking the highborn on an eagle too? you lose one shot from the bow of loren but you can move 20", even over yours and enemy units, and still shoot. Just don't let him get shot (they certainly will try) and he can do whatever he wants all game by simply avoiding line of sight, but still be close enough to marchblock everyone. Plus cause he's not an alter he's your general at Ld10, and the ability to fly and a 30" shooter means he can take that Ld bonus where its most needed and still need 2's to hit anything within sight.

(classic Highborn moment - felling an irongut with one round of shooting)
    (more classic Highborn moment - Highborn on eagle with Ariel's Blessing cast on them surviving 3 rounds of combat with 12 Khornate minotaurs 6 front 6 flank, passing Ld4 tests consistently, before finally getting swatted into the dirt by great weapons)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Well, Wood Elves are unbeatable don't you know. Of course, now and then we throw a few games so that others don't get too discouraged.

+ Reply to Thread