2,250pts tourney list - I'm out of time! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

2,250pts tourney list - I'm out of time!

Tourney is this weekend, and I was struck with indecision yesterday... So here's the new list. Criticise freely, as i want this to be as competitive as possible. Remember this is based on my army principle of getting a variety of different units in, while still retaining functionality. Thank in advance.

Treeman Ancient
    Cluster of Radiants, Annoyance of Nettlings

Spellsinger - level 2
    Calaingor's Stave, Dispel Scroll

Noble - Alter kindred
    Hail of Doom Arrow, Helm of the Hunt, Great Weapon, Light Armor, Shield

10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard

8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

5 Glade Riders

8 Wardancers
    Musician

3 Warhawk Riders

4 Tree-kin

6 Wild Riders
    Full Command, War Banner

5 Waywatchers

Total: 2248pts
    Power Dice: 4 + 2 bound spells (Treesinging)
    Dispel Dice: 4 + 1 Dispel Scroll
    # of Models: 80 (Should this surprise me as much as it did?)

Another question, to reduce this to 2,000pts what should i remove? The choice that jumps out at me is the unit of Tree-kin, but i still wasn't sure if there is a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Well, Wood Elves are unbeatable don't you know. Of course, now and then we throw a few games so that others don't get too discouraged.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

The list looks solid, though I think you may be a little light on the magic defense. If the tournament has preset terrain, I might think about dropping the staff and taking another dispel scroll instead, just in case the only woods is your free one.

As for going down to 2k, yeah the treekin would probably be my choice as well. The other option to consider would be a unit of glade guard, the waywatchers, and a wardancer, but I would probably stick to the treekin.

Have fun at your tournament.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Personally, unless I were taking an ancient, a regular treeman, and a BSB, I wouldn't bother with an ancient. I'd just take the regular treeman.

I'd actually take a branchwraith instead, lvl 1 with cluster of radiance and AoN. She'll last, and you have a fair amount of points left to spread out. Musicians for the archers and glade riders would be really good as you'll need them to rally at some point.

I prefer 3 treekin, but I can see why you'd use 4. I think you can either way, depending on how you want to use your points.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

About the Ancient Dave, i have tried otherwise, but its just so hard having general, dispel base, Hail o' doom and a treeman. soo many points eaten away...

Besides, i couldnt be expected not to use the Ancient, when i worked so hard to convert up one... painting him is the current project. Looking great so far too...

I have considered a list along a similar-ish mould of your one Dave, the one that won votewar. it has a lot of things that i'd run, but i just cant let go of the treeman. I have been juggling as of late, so I might change it yet again.... Mad despot that i am

Thanks for the help guys, i'll make a final tweak here or there (there's approximately 12 hours before 1st round) and i'll see how it goes. I may even post a battle report....
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Well, Wood Elves are unbeatable don't you know. Of course, now and then we throw a few games so that others don't get too discouraged.

+ Reply to Thread