[2000pts] The WE Standard Tourney List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

[2000pts] The WE Standard Tourney List.

Hey guys and gals,

Thought I'd post a list that I reckon demonstrates the versatility of the Wood Elf army at its peak. Having experimented with a variety of lists, I also think this is possibly the best option for taking the Asrai to a tournament scene. It utilises optimum unit builds without spamming them, and incorporates enough power to effectively wipe out a unit.

I'd have very good success with this, and I thought I'd share it.

Note, if people cry "cheese" at having two Treemen, just remind them that GW didn't bless the Asrai with universal Always Strikes First, Invocation of Nehek, Patio of Doom or Steam Tanks. It just evens the playing field.

Treeman Ancient – 350 pts.
    Cluster of Radiants

Noble – 117 pts.
    BSB/Light Armour/Annoyance of Netlings

Spellsinger – 175 pts.
    Level 2/Calaingor’s Stave/Dispel Scroll

Spellsinger – 175 pts.
    Level 2/Dispel Scroll/Dispel Scroll

10 Glade Guard
    Musician

10 Glade Guard

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Wardancers – 165 pts.
    Bladesinger/Musician

6 Wild Riders – 199 pts.
    Musician/Standard Bearer/Warbanner

Treeman – 285 pts.

TOTAL – 2000 pts.

Power Pool: 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Bound Spells
    Dispel Pool: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Dispel Scrolls

Hope you have as much fun with it as I do.

Q

Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good to me... i plan on buying another treeman within a week to have two in my army... my questions to you are these...1. how do you use your bsb

2. what do you think of this list??

Treeman Ancient
    ANnoyance
    Cluster of Radiance

Noble
    Wardancer
    blades of loec

spellsinger
    dispell scroll
    dispell scroll

10 Glade guard w/ musician

10 glade guard

10 glade guard

5 glade riders

5 glade riders

8 dryads

8 dryads

6 wardancers (joined by noble)
    musician bladesinger

7 wardancers
    musician

treeman

2000pts

73 models....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I actually like fatpat's list a little better, though I'd change one thing. I'd make the wardancer noble a BSB and then let him join a WD unit. The BSB gives two units a reroll on their stubborn test, which can be huge for a WE army led by a TM ancient and with a second TM in tow.

I think both units would benefit from an eagle, but there's no rare slot left, so that leads me to scouts and glade riders. Both units would add a lot to either list as almost everything else is ItP and will have to accept charges. Intercept units that can flee and rally will cause a bit of confusion among the enemy, letting your maneuverable hard-hitters get into better positions.

Still, I like both lists and can see how they do well. Lots of hitting, lots of maneuverability, good shooting. A nice mix that can really bring the smackdown.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

Nice list Fatpat.

There is always the option of swapping out a hero slot for some more units but with my lists I prefer a solid anti-magic defence as my meta-game sees a LOT of High Elves, VC and Daemons. Everyone's got shiny new toy syndrome it seems. I also savour those extra few power dice to cast treesinging as my main battle plan usually revolves around moving the trees.

As for my BSB, he invariably starts behind the two trees, who partner up through the battle. They are Stubborn re-rollable leadership 9. Which is nice.

Wardancer Noble is nice too but I'd like to see the Moonstone on him if I was to take him.
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I like Quannum's list better because of the better magic defense with both VC and Demons becoming everso popular. I also agree with Dave, scouts and glade riders are awesome. With the release of these new armies everyoe and their moms can outfight or outres dryads and dancers (iI don't ike dancers other than BSB bunkers) so having something that can flee is awesome. I just tried out scouts at a tourny and they almost single handedly won it for me, if it weren't for a judges ruling. I must say I am a huge fan of fast cav and try to include them in all my armies. If any of you are familiar with Corey Reynolds' (Murdock's) list it is close to this but I think its better (I don't remember it off the top off my head). At 2250 doesn't have dancers but uses Glade riders and Eternal Guard for his BSB instead and consistently places top 10 with it at GTs (although that's not just the list ).
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Quannum View Post
    Thought I'd post a list that I reckon demonstrates the versatility of the Wood Elf army at its peak. Having experimented with a variety of lists, I also think this is possibly the best option for taking the Asrai to a tournament scene.
    I don't know. I think your list really is lacking in any sort of speed. I like your characters better, but fatpat I feel has a more viable unit list. Would probably try to combine them somehow if I was to use a list like this. A more viable list I find is a speed list at tournaments. I always find alters, wild riders, warhawk riders etc. make my life easier.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread