Newest 2250 WE list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Newest 2250 WE list

I felt like doing another WE list, this time farther from the norm but still keeping the flavor of my old list. This is for tourny play mainly and is also supposed to e fun to play and play against.

Highborn
    LA
    GW
    Annoyance of nettlings
    Rhymer's Harp

BSB
    LA
    Stone of the Crystal Mere
    Elynett's brooch

Spellsinger
    2 scrolls

X3 8 Dryads

X2 11 Glade Guard
    Musician
    Standard

22 Eternal Guard
    Full command

5 Glade Riders
    Musician

5 Scouts

X2 5 Wild Riders
    Musician

X2 6 wardancers

X2 8 Duelists
    Pistols

119 Model Wood Elf army 8X

Not including characters I have 14 drops so this is ridiculously MSU even with the big eternal block. The only thing I did not like about my old lists is that there wasn't enough things that could redirect, FLEE, then do it again I believe I have solved that problem. However my biggest weakness is obviously magic defense. I generally don't like dancers but seeing how many VC and Demons are magically popping up, I figure any unit with 0 CR that can charge the front of a Flesh Hound unit and probably win is worthy.

2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Orkimedes41792 View Post

Highborn
    LA
    GW
    Annoyance of nettlings
    Rhymer's Harp
    This is a good setup for a highborn going in a unit of EG

BSB
    LA
    Stone of the Crystal Mere
    Elynett's brooch
    Not bad, the brooch is just in case I would assume. Personally, I am not a big fan of the stone. I would probably set him up with the amaranthine brooch, and a nice weapon.

Spellsinger
    2 scrolls
    Level 1 I assume. Good.

X3 8 Dryads
    Good

X2 11 Glade Guard
    Musician
    Standard
    I would suggest that you never take a standard on a GG unit. I think it is just giving away points.

22 Eternal Guard
    Full command
    Good size

5 Glade Riders
    Musician
    Nice

5 Scouts
    OK

X2 5 Wild Riders
    Musician
    These guys work best in units of 6 IMHO. And I always like to give 1 unit a SB and Warbanner

X2 6 wardancers
    To small. Try to get up to 7 minimum

X2 8 Duelists
    Pistols
    Interesting choice. I can see the draw, but I think WE have better rares. I would think about putting in an eagle or 2 for baiting
    119 Model Wood Elf army 8X
    Nice size army, could be interesting..
    I would worry a little about the magic defense too. You have the room for another hero, so I would consider a branchwraith, level 1, with the cluster of radiants. That is my opinion for what its worth. Have fun.

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I used to run a bwraith with cluster (dropped lvl 1, not worth points). I'm experimenting with flags on GG and so far they haven't given up points for them because if Im going to lose the comat I will just flee and counter charge.
    Today I played a game that really tested my magic defense by playing a mixed demon army led by Kairos. He also had a khorne herald (I killing blowed with dancers) a Nurgle BSB in big Plaguebearer block (they did nothing but get march blocked and redirected by wild riders), tzeentch herald in horror unit (focus fired becase that was easest way to get rid of dice and then hit in front by EG and duelists and rear by Glade Guard), small bloodletter unit (dancers and dryads combod to kill them), flamers (duelists charged them which allowed wild riders to be in range of flank ), and fred the fiend who was introuced to pistols in a wood elf army. Although he still had plenty of points I contested all 4 quarters and only lost 1.5 dryads, 1 unit of riders, .5 unit of GG, the glade riders and scouts so it was still a big win for me.
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

+ Reply to Thread