2,000 pt. friendly WE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

2,000 pt. friendly WE

Well, after a couple practice games at 1k, i already have my army bought up to 1.5k. Now I am reworking my ideas for 2k, this what I'm thinking...

Spellweaver with Wand of Wych Elm, Dispel Scroll

Noble with Blades of Loec, Wardancer Kindred

Branchwraith with Level 1 upgrade, Cluster of Radiants

10 Glade Guard with Music

8 Dryads with champ
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

5 Glade Riders

8 Wardancers with Champ, Music

5 Wild Riders with Standard, Warbanner

3 Warhawk Riders

Treeman

---------------------------------------------------
    Total: 1,998
    Power Dice: 6 +1 bound spell
    Dispel Dice: 6 +1 Dispel Scroll

Well first of all, I apoligize if the format of this post is messed up, my comp died so I am doing this from my phone.

Anyways, i was thinking about dropping the branchwraith for a scroll caddy. I lose a dispel dice but get 2 scrolls, though I also lose out on the combat abilities of the branchwraith.

Any thoughts on that or the list in general?

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I gave the weaver config you have a whirl. The wand seems so good, but I have decided that I don't like it because it inhibits you from taking other items. The reroll is good, no question; it's just didn't quite do it for me. To maximize dispel potential I've gone to using this config...

spellweaver: 3 dispel scrolls, heartstone

This config uses more of the weaver's valuable item allowance and provides a one time reroll for casting or dispeling. I've found being able to reroll a single dice is better than all of them.

If you want to make him a good caster just add the extra level and consider swaping one scroll for a powerstone.

As for the rest of your list, I like the emphasis on core units (I need to buy another battalion) and the selections. I think the WD have a few too many people but they will help it survive shooting if that's the idea. I'd find a way to add another WR if you have the model.

I've not been a fan of warhawks, but I think that's just a personal preferrence. You have good baiting units and great units for pounding the baited enemies.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    Well, after a couple practice games at 1k, i already have my army bought up to 1.5k. Now I am reworking my ideas for 2k, this what I'm thinking...

Spellweaver with Wand of Wych Elm, Dispel Scroll
    I like the wand but have never run it with this low a dice total. I would usually have another singer in the list for scrolls and an extra dispel dice and give the weaver the glamourweave item. Not sure if there is enough support for him in this list.

Noble with Blades of Loec, Wardancer Kindred
    Always nice.

Branchwraith with Level 1 upgrade, Cluster of Radiants
    Standards are good.

8 Dryads with champ
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

5 Glade Riders
    The core units are all good.

8 Wardancers with Champ, Music

5 Wild Riders with Standard, Warbanner
    Always prefer this unit to be 6 strong.

3 Warhawk Riders
    I like these guys for there versatility.

Treeman
    Treemen are always great.

Total: 1,998
    Power Dice: 6 +1 bound spell
    Dispel Dice: 6 +1 Dispel Scroll

Well first of all, I apoligize if the format of this post is messed up, my comp died so I am doing this from my phone.

Anyways, i was thinking about dropping the branchwraith for a scroll caddy. I lose a dispel dice but get 2 scrolls, though I also lose out on the combat abilities of the branchwraith.

Any thoughts on that or the list in general?
    I would probably suggest dropping one of the units of dryads to pick up a great eagle, another wild rider and a musician for the glade riders. See how that works out.

May the reroll dice gods be with you.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread