1000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 point list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

1000 point list

Here is a list I am thinking of taking for a 1k tourny.

Hero
    Wood Elf Noble Alter/HotH,HoDA,GW,LA,SH
    Branchwraith/A Murder of Spites

Core
    GGX10
    DryadsX8

Special
    WardancersX9/musician,Bladesinger

Rare
    Treeman

The armies that I know will be there are;Brits,Dwarfs,Ogres. Not sure what else will be there. Any and all advice welcomed.

Last edited by AtlantianWarrior; June 25th, 2008 at 00:08.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Isn't a treeman in 1k a little cheap. I've never taken one in 1k for that reason.

If you were willing to part with him you could make some versatile and mobile lists.

The list you have does not look to me to be very effective.
    1) One squad of GG isn't enough shooting to do much.
    2) The dryad unit is too large, which causes the other dryads to be a waste except for outnumbering purposes. Eight is the standard number.
    3) The wardancer unit is also slightly too large. Seven is the most common size.
    4) Aside from the GG you don't have any bait units. This isn't critical, but bait units are seem to be good in tournaments.
    5) You have no magic defense. Make the wraith a lvl1 caster and give it cluster.

I hope none of these comments are too frank. Some people just run armies and units differently.

Here is a list to consider...

Alter (like yours)
    Branchwraith: lvl 1, cluster of radiance [you could swap this for a spellsinger with 2 scrolls]

10 GG: musician
    10 GG: scouting, skirmish, musician
    9 Dryads: nymph
    8 Dryads

7 Wardancers: musician

Eagle

Models: 47

This list has some speed, magic defense, shooting, bait units, and combat potential.

I hope this helps and remember these are only friendly suggestions.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with you Rhoaran except the second unit of dryads.In 1k i feel that one should as many different units in the army to deal with anything,assuming that one knows how to use the unit in concert with the rest of the army.BUT that is just me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior View Post

Hero
    Wood Elf Noble Alter/HotH,HoDA,GW,LA,SH
    Branchwraith/A Murder of Spites
    I don't think you really need two characters at 1k. I would rather use the points on regular troops as WE have some of the best units. I would drop the alter kindred from the noble and have him run with the wardancers. I would drop the wraith completely.

Core
    GGX10
    DryadsX12/Branch Nymph
    I would drop the the dryads to 8. Probably add a unit of glade riders.

Special
    WardancersX9/musician,Bladesinger
    I would get another unit at least here. Wild riders would be my preference, but warhawk riders would be good too.

Rare
    Treeman
    Too big a point sink at this level. I would probably just run an eagle, or maybe a small unit of waywatchers.

The armies that I know will be there are;Brits,Dwarfs,Ogres. Not sure what else will be there. Any and all advice welcomed.
    I don't think the list you had would be that competative. At this level, I think WE can come close to matching the numbers of other armies and have better troops so I think you should use them.

Hope this doesn't sound too harsh.

Have fun.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you all for the comments. I took none of your comments as harsh. Thats why I asked for help. The reason for the treeman is because of all the high armour armies that I could face. That would be the dwarfs and Brets. In my area at 1k you do not see many spell casters most people do not use them at this level. Right now I do not know if we would be playing on a 4x4 or a 4x6 table.

I do agree about the dryads. I am also not sure if Wild Riders would be better than War Dancers. I am looking at the amount of attacks vs the amount of high str attacks I could get. Please keep the comments coming.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I'd take wildriders, the long charge range can be a bonus.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread