2250 - WE vs Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 - WE vs Empire

Hello. I'm new to the boards. Friend getting me into WH and I found myself drawn to WE and enjoying them immensely. I've been holding my own against his various armies. Mostly to the thanks of the contributers to these boards! Thank you!

He's cranked it up a notch lately busting out his favorite Empire armies and last game was a slaughter (steam tank, 4 war machines crushed my woodies). Anyways he feels strongly that I am lacking eternal guards as I have never fielded a "normal" ranked unit (My usual method of operation is to field 2 GG ten wide and flee when charged).

Anyways here is a go at a EG army with some treekin support. Thoughts?

10 GG w/mus
    5 Scouts
    5 GR w/mus
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

20 EG full command + champ
    4 Treekin
    7 WD
    6 WR w/SB & war banner

Treeman Ancient w/CoR & AoN
    Great Eagle

Noble BSB w/Oaken Armor
    Alt-Kin Noble Standard Set-up
    SpellSinger w/2disp

4 disp dice w/2 disp scrolls

2250 on the nose

I'm hurting in magic defense and shorted myself my usual 2 GG units of 10 each. I also love to field a branchwraith mage but didn't have the points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I am not a big fan of Eternal Guard for much. And if I was going to play them, I think empire would be one of the last choices to play against with them. I don't know what you played with the first time, but I like to go for speed and stay away from the large point sink models like treemen, and treekin.

The list you have is a decent list for an EG based army. If it were me, I would get away from the ancient and treekin, and EG, and take wild riders, warhawk riders, a couple of eagles, the glade guard units, the noble you have, a scroll caddy, branchwraith, and highborn of your liking.

Against empire, the primary goal I have is to get to and eliminate the war machines as quickly as possible. Also any gunners or crossbows are included in the kill quickly list, but I usually use archers for this task. Then I go after detachments, then the main units. I try to keep away from the steam tank as much as possible and hope it blows itself up eventually.

There is my 2 cents.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the advice, Sirkently. I actually borrowed the list you posted here a while back. The one with two Great Eagles, two units of WRs, two units of GR.

I'm sure it was my tactics that failed me on that one. And I only had one wood on the board, my Woodland Ambush wood. I couldn't get behind his main force before being roughly picked off here and there. He had a champ mounted on a pegasus that had 1+ AS that I couldn't seem to do much to (it crushed my one WR unit). Again, it was a new army list for me and I was awkward with it.

Also, I didn't know WHR moved as skirmishers(he must have "forgot" as well hehe), so I didn't get any 360 degree charges off that may have altered a few events.

My HoD wiped out an attachment, but he saved all of his Psych rolls.

He had some strange pigeon bomb thing that he rolled successfully twice on and put some hurt on my GRs.

Oh, and the Steam Tank. I flanked charged it with my other unit of WRs. Didn't dent it. He ground his wheels and made glue of my steeds/riders -hehe.

The week previously he had played a war alter and it fell to my treeman.

I missed my treeman. :-)

I felt I was missing an anvil. And I seemed to be lacking in the combat resolution dept. Let me tweak to your suggestions a bit, perhaps dropping the EG and using treekin as my anvil...

+ Reply to Thread