New Wood Elves Player 500pt List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Wood Elves Player 500pt List

I just started Wood Elves, and I picked up the Wood Elves Battalion. Here is my attempt at a 500pt list. I will be playing Tomb Kings and Bretonnians mostly. Let me know what you think.

Wood Elf Noble- Light Armor, Longbow, Hail of Doom Arrows, Asyendi's Bane
    10 Glade Guard- Longbow, Musician
    10 Glade Guard- Longbow, Musician
    10 Dryads- Branch Nymph

499pts

The plan for this list would be the use the unit of Glade Guard with my Noble in it to bait a charge so the Dryads could counter charge. The other 10 Glade Guard could be used whereever they are needed. Taking out warmachine crews, lone casters, etc. Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Well, let me say first off that I don't play that many 500 pt games. But I will give you my thoughts on your list.

First off, the hail of doom arrow is an excellent item, but in 500 point games I think I would leave it at home. It could wipe out a unit, or do nothing at all. With the armies you say you will be playing, you need something more usable every turn. I would suggest you get your noble a great weapon and shield. Then consider some of the ward save items, or oaken armour, the annoyance of netlings is a good spite for him, or luminscents to make all attacks magical. Look through the book and make him more combatish.

Two units of archers in a 500 point game may be a little much, and as the armies you are playing against, especially the bretts will have some speed, I think they could get blown up real fast. I would probably switch one of them for a unit of 5 glade riders. Fast cav can slow down the other cav units by march blocking, giving your archers more time to shoot.

The dryads are good, but you don't really need the champ, just use another dryad.

Good luck and welcome to wood elves, the best looking army around.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread