2000 pts vs ogres friendly. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts vs ogres friendly.

well its my first warhammer game in 6 months and im playing against ogres in a 2000 points battle this saturday! i have done a list but i need help on what heroes to have and some help on the list to see if its any good.

i dont like shooting so i dont play more than one glade guard´unit and no waywatchers since the killing blow rule doesnt work against ogres.

well here is the list, feel free to change the list how ever you want.

CORE UNITS
    dryadsx8
    dryadsx8
    glade guardsx10
    im considering a unit of 19 eternal guards and a BSB to break some of my friends ogres.

SPECIAL UNITS
    wardancersx7 +champ and musician
    wild ridersx6 + full comp and warbanner ( im thinking of changin it to 10 riders)
    tree kinx4
    warhawk ridersx3 120

RARE UNITS
    tree man

the only thing i know about his army is that he has a slavegiant, 3 ogres with cannons, one butcher and thats all of his magic, and the most important thing... hes army is painted BLUE

now please help me out with what i should change what i should keep, what to add and how to play the army. thx
    be sure to check out my wood elf waywatcher in painting section
    Cheers!!

Last edited by lynta; August 18th, 2008 at 16:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

You are in luck. Ogre's are one of the easy matchups for Wood Elves.

A couple of rules to live by.

1. Keep shooting for as long as you can.
    2. Marchblock.
    3. Don't let the tyrant near the treeman, he will kill it.
    4. Never, ever charge the front. Always hit the flank.
    5. Have a couple of sacrificial units. Eagles work well.
    6. Giant is only T5 so a well aime HoDA's can drop it.
    7. Stay away from eternal guard, they will die horribly.

Characters I'd recommend.

Standard Alter, can do a lot of damage with the HoDA and can finish off a wounded giant on the charge.

Branchwraith with the cluster of radients, gives you 4 dispel dice which should be plenty.

And that is about it, I then tend to have about 3 units of archers, dryads, glade riders to bait and flee (very important against ogres). Wildriders are special, at tleast two units and then an eagle or two or a treeman.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good

but i wont play 3 units of archers like i wrote i dont like shooting very much and therefor i will only have MAX one unit of archers. thx anyway

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

No worries, but you are handicapping yourself then.

Shooting is what wood elves are about, well that and mobility.

If you are not going to have much shooting then I really recommend a couple of great eagles to bait charges and set up flank charges for other units.

Best of luck anyway.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread