Campaign List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Campaign List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Campaign List

Well some friends and I have decided to start a campaign in a little bit and are going to be playing with fixed lists at 1k pts. My opponents will be Empire (magic heavy) gunline, High Elves, Orcs and goblins and lastly Hordes of Chaos. The following is the list I will be using.

Noble - 174 pts (general)
    - Great Eagle (mount)
    - Hail of Doom Arrow
    - Briarsheath
    - Sheild & Spear

Noble - 135 pts
    - Wardancer Kindred
    - Moonstone of the Hidden Ways

Glade Guard x10 - 120 pts
    Dryads x8 - 96 pts
    Glade Riders x5 - 120 pts
    Scouts x5 - 110 pts
    Wardancer x7 - 125 pts

Total - 1000 pts
    Models - 47

Now I know that right off the bat i dont really have much in the way of magic defense (none actualy lol) however from what I have found you dont really need much of it in smaller 1k games. Not to mention that with this list my speed and manouverabliity should be more than enough to compensate for this and get to any magic caster soon enough. So aside from magic defense any suggestions as to changing lists are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by WildWoodie View Post
    Well some friends and I have decided to start a campaign in a little bit and are going to be playing with fixed lists at 1k pts. My opponents will be Empire (magic heavy) gunline, High Elves, Orcs and goblins and lastly Hordes of Chaos. The following is the list I will be using.

- Great Eagle (mount)
    - Hail of Doom Arrow
    - Briarsheath
    - Sheild & Spear
    I think I would make this guy an alter with light armour, helm of the hunt, and shield, with the hail of doom arrow of course. Then take the eagle as a rare choice, and make the wardancer your general.
    Noble - 135 pts
    - Wardancer Kindred
    If you know you are getting several woods every game this can work well. If terrain is random or preset, I would think about a different item. Since you have HE in the mix, I think the amber pendant would work well, or maybe a ward save brooch.

Dryads x8 - 96 pts
    Scouts x5 - 110 pts Your points are wrong here. Looks like they have a banner without a standard bearer to carry it.
    Wardancer x7 - 125 pts A point off here is well.

Total - 1000 pts
    Models - 47
    Just some minor quibbles with the list. And I agree that magic isn't that big a concern at 1K. Show them the power of the forest.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i forgot about that the scouts have the banner of the zenith and it was meerly a typo on the wardancer unit. as for terrain yeah we each get 2 pieces of terrain of our choice so obviously i will be choosing 2 forest pieces and my added 6inch piece. And as for my noble on the great eagle i chose it that way for the added combat punch i have previously found that as good as a great eagle is for tying up warmachine crews im hoping to swoop in and finish them off with 4 str5 atks from noble then the eagles on top of that allowing me to get him back into combat flanking the rear of another enemy squad.

- Great Eagle (mount)
    - Hail of Doom Arrow
    - Briarsheath
    - Sheild & Spear

Noble - 135 pts
    - Wardancer Kindred

Dryads x8 - 96 pts
    Scouts x5 (Banner of the Zenith) - 110 pts
    Wardancer x7 - 126 pts

Total - 1000 pts
    Models - 47
    Last edited by WildWoodie; August 18th, 2008 at 23:08.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Scouts x5 (Banner of the Zenith) - 110 pts
    You have to pay for the upgrade of a standard bearer to hold aloft the banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so do i have to pay for the regular banner in order to upgrade to the magical banner ... cause in the glade guard entry in the codex it says they may carry a magical banner up to 25 pts not they may upgrade to a magical banner. please correct me if i am wrong

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

so do i have to pay for the regular banner in order to upgrade to the magical banner ... cause in the glade guard entry in the codex it says they may carry a magical banner up to 25 pts not they may upgrade to a magical banner. please correct me if i am wrong
    You need to have a standard bearer to carry either. So you need the following:

Scouts x4
    Scout Standard Bearer x1
    Banner of the Zenith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for clearing that up a bit, and with that in mind here is my new list.

- Great Eagle (mount)
    - Hail of Doom Arrow
    - Briarsheath
    - Sheild & Spear
    Noble - 135 pts
    - Wardancer Kindred

Dryads x10 - 120 pts
    Scouts x5 - 85 pts
    Wardancer x7 - 126 pts

Total - 1000 pts
    Models - 49

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Your mounted general is wearing the briarsheath armour, which is not permitted. It is for characters on foot only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Great eagle mounts are just to fragile, especially in a campaign. I would take the advice to get an alter and an eagle instead. If you really must have the eagle mount, use the stone of crystal mere to get a save for the mount. Otherwise, your noble will end up walking a lot.

Are you sure magic isn't a problem with HE and magic heavy empire against you? A damage spell or two can really obliterate WE units. I agree you can hunt casters with the eagle or alter, but they could just as well magic missile the character to death. One d6 Str 4 blast has a good chance to kill a lone character.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah so far i have found that im able to character hunt mages pretty well and only have to deal with my enemy's magic phase for a turn or 2 max. and origionaly i had only decided to go with the noble on an eagle to try and squeeze in some waywatchers on another list and just kind of kept him for this list. i agree his is fragile but im almost alwasy able to put him either behind other units or in safe enough places where he is fine. here is the other list i was playing with.

Noble - 176 pts (general)
    - Great Eagle (mount)
    - Hail of Doom Arrow
    - Briarsheath
    - Sheild & Great Weapon

Dryads x9 - 108 pts
    Wardancers x7 - 126 pts
    Waywatchers x6 - 144 pts
    Scouts x5 - 85 pts

Total - 999 pts
    Models - 53

I realize i cannot take the briarsheath and am currently deciding what to do at the moment .... prob going to drop a waywatcher and briarsheath for something else prob helm of hunt or something else.
    Last edited by WildWoodie; August 20th, 2008 at 23:55.

+ Reply to Thread