1500 (upgrade from 1000) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 (upgrade from 1000)

Hey all,

This is an upgrade from my previous 1000 pt list.

Wood Elf 1500 Kinband

Heroes (24

Wood Elf Noble
    Alter Kindred
    GW, Light Armor & Shield
    The Helm of the Hunt
    Hail of Doom Arrow -158pts

Branchwraith with A Cluster of Radiants – 90pts

Core (444)

10 Glade Guard (Musician)
    Total – 126pts
    10 Glade Guard (Musician)
    Total – 126pts
    8 Dryads

Total – 96pts
    8 Dryads
    Total – 96pts

5 Glade Riders (Musician)
    Total – 129pts

Special (325)

7 Wardancers (Musician)

Total – 133pts
    5 Wild Riders of Kurnous (Musician)
    Standard Bearer
    War Banner
    Wild Hunter

Total – 192pts

Rare (285)

Treeman
    Total – 285pts

Total – 1431 pts

1) what should i do with the remaining points? I can add 1 war dancer and 1 wild rider but are there any other options the forum can think of?

2) what do you guys think of the list in general?

3) related to 2 - should i drop the treeman and replace it with warhawk riders and more archers?

as a side note - I play TK bretts, beasts of chaos, ogres and daemons (magic)

thank you all in advance.

Last edited by STang; August 30th, 2008 at 15:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by STang View Post
    1) what should i do with the remaining points? I can add 1 war dancer and 1 wild rider but are there any other options the forum can think of? I would upgrade the wraith to a level one mage. I would also think of getting another wild rider, but would have to drop the musician on the glade riders.

2) what do you guys think of the list in general? In general, it should be a very effective list.

3) related to 2 - should i drop the treeman and replace it with warhawk riders and more archers? A treeman is a close call at 15k. I think you have enough archers. If I gave him up, I would an eagle, some more wild riders or wardancers, or possibly another character.

Best of Luck to you too.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always planned on getting 6 wild riders to add a greater punch, but 7?
    also, should i reconsider the wildhunter upgrade?

I agree that i need march blockers in my force which is why i was considering the warhawks. In general would they be a worth while investment?

Ill wait for a few more replies before i post up a revamped list.

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by STang View Post
    I have always planned on getting 6 wild riders to add a greater punch, but 7? You have 5 listed so I would add 1 for 6. Don't know why you thought I meant 7 unless I am missing something.

also, should i reconsider the wildhunter upgrade? Its one of those do I have the points for it. I take it if I can fit it in, but it goes if I really need the points elsewhere.

I agree that i need march blockers in my force which is why i was considering the warhawks. In general would they be a worth while investment? I almost always have them in 2k+ games, so I would consider 3 or them a good investement especially if you play to go up to that level.

Ill wait for a few more replies before i post up a revamped list.
    Always good to have as many opinions as possible. I realize that some of my suggestions are swayed by my playing style, which may or may not equate to yours.
    Thanks again!
    Always happy to give my opinion.

Good Luck.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You have 5 listed so I would add 1 for 6. Don't know why you thought I meant 7 unless I am missing something."

- My mistake, I had thought you meant another addition of 1 wildrider on top of my proposed 6.

"Its one of those do I have the points for it. I take it if I can fit it in, but it goes if I really need the points elsewhere."

- Noted, I may drop that in favor of your branchwraith wizard upgrade.

"I almost always have them in 2k+ games, so I would consider 3 or them a good investement especially if you play to go up to that level."

- Hm. I have always planned on getting them but I was more questioning them in 1500 games.

"Always good to have as many opinions as possible. I realize that some of my suggestions are swayed by my playing style, which may or may not equate to yours."

- Well thats what sharing is all about! Thank you for your quick response though. Its helped a lot.

To the board - Anyone else care to share (or help) with my list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

I would really appreciate some comments before i repost my list.

Anyone care to help?

Thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread