First go at a Wood elves List 1K Forest spirits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

First go at a Wood elves List 1K Forest spirits

Hero: 172

spell singer 172
    lvl 1 mage
    glamourweave
    elvensteed
    calaingor's staff
    dispel scroll

Core: 192

2 x 8 dryads

special: 325

3 treekin

5 wildriders
    + musician

Rare: 310

Treeman
    Cluster of radiants

total: 999 pts.

4 dd and 3 pd and dispel scroll

I'm completly new to woodelves and almoust as new to WHFB. So I might have some stuff wrong so take it apart and look at it and if you ave any advice or suggestions please do so.

Cheers Jayz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The first change I would make is in the General department. I'd go for a level 1 Branchwraith. Give her Radiants and Netlings, and you have a pretty nice general. You've now got an extra 10pts to spend, and a General that can actually fight.

The Treeman can't be given the Radiants, as it isn't a character. Drop them, and maybe add a decent banner to your WRs.

Your Treekin and WRs look quite good.

You should have about an extra 30pts to spend. I'd add a Standard bearer to the WR unit, and maybe a dryad or two or three.

Hope this helped.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Ok some changes:

Hero: 165

Branchwraith
    lvl 1 mage
    a cluster of radaints
    an annoyance of netlings

Core: 204

8 dryads
    + branch nymph
    8 dryads

special: 343

3 treekin

5 wildriders
    + musician
    + standerd bearer

Rare: 285

Treeman

total: 997 pts.

4 dd and 3 pd

I took the standeard bearer upgrade for the wildriders to get some more combat res. and took a branch nymph on one dryad squad don't know if te branch wraith will also be in there or should I split the up?

Cheers Jayz
    Last edited by forumjayz; September 30th, 2008 at 15:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

btw is this list competitave enough to have some wins as well as loses. and what's the statergt use with an army like this?

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

That's not such a bad list there, given your exclusion of the Asrai.

I don't think it matters much where the wraith goes tbh.

As for tactics, don't quote me on this since I've never used a pure Forest Spirit force, but I'd try to make sure your Dryads and WRs are never charged. Use your Kin and Treeman to hold up charges, and counter with your WRs or Dryads.

WRs aren't really your favourite unit in a protracted combat, but Dryads, Tree Kin, and the Treeman (assuming he isn't bogged down for too long) are absolutely brilliant. Take a look at the Tactica. It took 2 years to make, so at least someone should read it.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

One common tactic, covered elsewhere, is commonly known as "Treesurfing." The two Treemen bunker in a tree stand and proceed to surf around the table via Treesinging from them and any Spellsingers or Spellweavers tagging along. If you keep them two inches inside the tree stand, where they can't be targeted, then they can take maximum advantage of their shooting, which you recall doesn't require line of sight. Moreover, they can spread terror from safely within the woods. Some players even make a point to not engage the enemy with their two Treemen, instead shooting throughout the game with them, forcing terror checks, and preventing the enemy from gaining their victory points.
    hey afg can you explain why a treeman can't be targeted if in a forest he is still a large target right??

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Forests and large rock formations and the like can still block line of sight to large targets, so if your treeman is in or behind a wood, he can't see or be seen through it.

The second list looks OK.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

ty sirKently,

yeah hope a treeman at 1K is compatative and that I will get the hang of this army. like I said it's my first venture into fantasy And I need to play a lot of games to get the game machanics down. they are a lot more complicated and intence. it might be easier to play with some glade guard and sit and wait for them to come to me.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Treemen are competitive at any pts level. Your list should work out fine.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hero: 165

branchwraith
    lvl 1 mage
    a cluster of radaints
    an annoyance of netlings
    Good, but Personly i like a wild rider hero wit hail of doom for competive, but this is decent with the cluster of rad and rember ALWAYS CHALENGE wit anoyence of nets be carfull with the branch wrait because rember a demon can take her out reeeeel quick so you need to chalendge or she will die

Core: 204

8 dryads
    + branch nymph
    8 dryads
    You do not ever need a dryad nymph its a waste better to take another dryad or to throw the points some where else
    special: 343

3 treekin
    good, just be carfull of these guys yeah, they are tuf as nails but you DONT GO UP againt anything with good combat rez(big rank and file units Bretionian knigts empire rank and file yeah Basicly nothing in 3 ranks with a banner because you are counting on the trekin to do to much just bring em in to help the treeman on the flank or else they will run away a treeman usaly wont
    5 wildriders
    + musician
    + standerd bearer
    Great i love wild riders i use alot in my 2250 list like 15-20 so yeah one of my favoirite units
    Rare: 285

Treeman
    Great extremly competive in 1000pt use him to take a charge with his stuborn then flank with dryads or treekin or wild riders

total: 997 pts.
    overall good starter list better then my first i have been playin wood elves for a year and a half and fantasy longer so hope this helps its great to see more wood elf players with the rise of soo many deamon players
    You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast